Jeep rolled off of Black Bear

I test drove an auto LJR last year and was surprised that I really had to stand on the brakes to get it to stop in LO.

My LJ was like that when I first bought it. The rear pads were stuck. Now I can lock up the wheels if I want.

Most of the "badge of honor" trails in Ouray and San Miguel County are nothing more than a groomed trail. But as mentioned, you need to pay attention and not gawk at the surroundings because you will drive up the high side and flop, or you drive off the edge and die. Riding the brakes down is a bad idea. Throw it 4low, 1st gear, and creep down.
Good post. I love that area, and it's not that it's that technical, it's just unforgiving if you mess up.

Trusting an e brake coming down any of those passes is something that shouldn't even be considered.

This is a rare case where getting ejected actually helped.

It's beyond belief that it happened...the result is easy to believe. That's big country.

Driving through those Aspen's down to Telluride is really fine.

Reactions: tworley
Just came across this whilst in a youtube clickhole: ⚠️⚠️ fair warning its pretty gnarly.

Skip to 03:15 for footage of the jeep rolling.

Also important to note that the footage in this clip is purely of the Jeep - no one is inside the vehicle in the footage shown.

The lady who we now all know was ejected is on the mend, although has extensive rehab to suffer through :(

Her go fund me is here if anyone is interested:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-suzie-heal