Jeep sub and factory amp

How do you guys like your EQ setup at. My HU has a 13 band graphic EQ. I've tried the 5 preset EQ's, but like my custom tune. smiley face.

I have this cheapo sub installed, but it's not doing anything. Anyone know if there is a fuse for the under console sub/amp? I don't have my manual, as I recently bought this Jeep.
ab4318e60b4ebf71e08ecede15fe8348.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you guys like your EQ setup at. My HU has a 13 band graphic EQ. I've tried the 5 preset EQ's, but like my custom tune. smiley face.
Mine has a 13 band also but doesn't tell me the frequency. It only says band 1-13 don't like it. Kenwood KDC-BT368U. Might do some research and upgrade.

I built a shelf for mine in the back that still allows some storage along with the sub itself. Need to make a solid top but I am using drideck and carpeting for now.
4a7d9b72c8e387cdfa0ecc91e4b4db69.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI anyone interested: I discovered that the Rockford Fosgate will not fit in the center console. The dimensions are almost the same as the Sound Ordnance, but enough difference to matter.

Reactions: Chris
If you can, return it. Buy this instead: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8...a&awnw=g&awcr=48387319825&awdv=m&awug=9003557

At the time, when I bought it, a wiring kit was free. Looks like you'll have to purchase it, but I think it's fairly cheap. Either way, I cannot rant enough on how amazing (especially for a TJ) this thing makes my audio sound.

Gut the internal amp that you have in the console and install this thing. Basically, it'll sit up on its side, inside the center console.

Does your center console still have the top compartment, or was it necessary to remove it as well? The Rockford Fosgate does not fit my console (2005) so will send it back for the Sound Ordnance. I was wondering if they had to cut the console itself, or just remove the factory sub/amp.

It really fills the cabin and makes your music sound big. Does it boom like a sub? No. I believe it can, but not 90's style sub boom, up the block loud. But you won't be disappointed, as someone else said. It gives you big bass and fullness. Personally, I keep the level low so that nothing rattles inside my Jeep and yet the sound is still large.

As for where to put it; I truly believe the center console cannot be beat. No wires to see, no amp to locate, no speaker in site. It's truly stealth mode. Creepy crooks won't know it's there and the placement is perfect for bass.

I had a local shop install it. Cost me $60, I believe. It was quick and painless. They also eq'd it for me.

End of the day, I was bent that I waited so long to go this route!

Just wanting to verify center console install. So the sub was installed directly into the console? Did you do any mods to console itself for sound travel? Just wondering if it can be installed sealed in the console and still sound great. Considering this option. Thank you for any info.

FYI anyone interested: I discovered that the Rockford Fosgate will not fit in the center console. The dimensions are almost the same as the Sound Ordnance, but enough difference to matter.

Very cool, glad you hared that with us! That's a good replacement option.

Just wanting to verify center console install. So the sub was installed directly into the console? Did you do any mods to console itself for sound travel? Just wondering if it can be installed sealed in the console and still sound great. Considering this option. Thank you for any info.

Does your center console still have the top compartment, or was it necessary to remove it as well?

No modification to the 'tray'. I in fact, I still use it to hold gloves or anything fabric or paper. Unless I line it with some type of material, hard items will rattle from the vibration caused by the sub. Otherwise, completely intact. The ONLY thing I had to remove was the original factory sub box. Everything else stays as is. Below is a photo. Oh, and no holes drilled or openings at all. It's a SUB. Since it pushes low frequency sound, the casing doesn't negatively effect the sound.

d99edf45aab7cfeba2ea89f4f9d7296f.jpg

Reactions: Speedphreak and JMT
No modification to the 'tray'. I in fact, I still use it to hold gloves or anything fabric or paper. Unless I line it with some type of material, hard items will rattle from the vibration caused by the sub. Otherwise, completely intact. The ONLY thing I had to remove was the original factory sub box. Everything else stays as is. Below is a photo. Oh, and no holes drilled or openings at all. It's a SUB. Since it pushes low frequency sound, the casing doesn't negatively effect the sound.

View attachment 20455

Thanks for the reply. Just one other thing. I do not have a factory sub that I'm replacing. No top tray and will have to modify for new sub.

I do not have a factory sub that I'm replacing. No top tray and will have to modify for new sub.

I don't know what the 'non-sub' loaded console looks like on the inside. I'd imagine the same as mine but with nothing loaded internally.

View attachment 20455

Thanks. I went with something different, it was a little smaller. I did modify the sub enclosure and jammed it in there. The hook-up was easy, I used the existing sub harness 12v fused and the sub output and ground, with the rca jacks. I am very impressed with the difference. I had already upgraded the speakers up front and in the sound bar. I am so glad for all the great ideas in this thread.
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Thanks. I went with something different, it was a little smaller. I did modify the sub enclosure and jammed it in there. The hook-up was easy, I used the existing sub harness 12v fused and the sub output and ground, with the rca jacks. I am very impressed with the difference. I had already upgraded the speakers up front and in the sound bar. I am so glad for all the great ideas in this thread.View attachment 20737 View attachment 20738 View attachment 20739

Well done! Nice and clean, I really like it!

I like that little sub! I also updated my dash and soundbar speakers prior to my install. Amazing difference in sound!

View attachment 20455

How is the sub secured?