Jeep threw 5 codes and shut down

Antitactical

Hi, my 2005 Rubicon has been my go to jeep for a while. The other day I was driving to work and all of a sudden it just died. It's never been wheeled or abused. It threw 5 codes P0113,P0073,P0118,P0108and P0123. The fuel gauge also went straight to empty and the interior light stays on now. All relays and fuses are good and it gave no warning. I highly doubt that all these sensors went out at once. I think it may be a ground issue. Does anyone have an idea of where to start. I swapped my PCM (Its had a PCM issue before) and it made no difference. It's getting 58psi of fuel pressure. I can handle most issues but this one stumps me. Thank you for any help

All of those codes have one thing in common: they're related to temperature. IAT, coolant temp, intake temp, etc.

It does seem odd that they would all happen at once, and even more odd that the fuel gauge went to empty and the interior light stays on.

So here's the question, does it currently start or run at all? If not, does the engine turn over?

Sounds like it could be related to a common ground or short in the wiring harness potentially.

Sounds like somebody just fried a computer.

You need to start tracking wires , something has shorted out.

I just cleaned all the grounds and sanded the areas where they screwed down. I guess I'm down to tracing wires. Thanks for the help
Keep the faith man ...make sure the harness in the back hasn't bound in a track bar or something . You 'll get it man.

All those codes are for high voltage from their respective sensors, the common link between all those sensors AND high voltage is the ground wire. There is one ground wire that all those sensors connect to, that ground wire goes bad (open circuit) then all the sensors connected to it will give high voltage because they have lost their reference.
Looking at the manual, connection S127 is common for all the engine control sensors (as they all need to have the same reference). Look for the BK/LB (black/light brown) wire coming from any of the sensors that are code related and check it for continuity between that wire and the negative side of the battery, I bet it shows an open circuit, which is also why the dome light stays on.
I would bet that you just have a break in the BK/LB somewhere in the engine harness, I have attached a few pages from the manual that shows the common connection and where the S127 splice is located as well as the harness.

You can download the shop manual from this site for your jeep.

Attachments

• 2004 TJ SHOP MANUAL S127-help.pdf
    203.7 KB · Views: 273
After thinking about it some, might want to start with the Sensor Ground pin to the PCM, it is pin 4 on the black connector going to the PCM behind the battery.

Attachments

• 2004 TJ SHOP MANUAL-SENSOR GROUND.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 268