Jeep TJ Center Console Subwoofer Recommendation

Dahbarez

So my subwoofer in my center console is blown so I want to replace it and get a amp as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Kicker 43CWRT671 1ohm or 43CWRT672 2ohm is nearly drop-in and under $100. If you're looking more high end I have no idea.

any recommendations for amps for it?
I don't because I replaced my blown OEM sub with an older Kicker model and just run it off the OEM amp. I'm going to be upgrading the audio later on so I haven't done the research yet.

Kicker
any recommendations for amps for it?
Kicker used to make a small mono sub amp, model PX200.1. Works great & doesn't take up much space. Mine is bolted to the passenger side kick panel.
Now days they have a model DX125.2 that is pretty small & would do the job.

Reactions: JMT
Have you read Chris' write up in the sticky section of this website? He spells everything out step by step. The Kicker PXA200.1 amp and 6.5 amp work perfectly for the center sub install. And the pricing is hard to beat. The sound is great, well, as great as it can be inside a TJ going 60 down the road. You can spend more, but you won't get to hear any better sound.

Reactions: Airjunky
I ended up going this route:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yN0COMhAeOE/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html
I saw it in another forum and it’s a really snug fit, but sounds great and a massive upgrade from the stock one. I also like how it’s all contained in the console, so no large amp out in the open begging to be stolen.

Any chance you have pictures of this amp/sub mounted in the center console? I was thinking of adding the Sound Ordnance as well. Thanks!

Have you read Chris' write up in the sticky section of this website? He spells everything out step by step. The Kicker PXA200.1 amp and 6.5 amp work perfectly for the center sub install. And the pricing is hard to beat. The sound is great, well, as great as it can be inside a TJ going 60 down the road. You can spend more, but you won't get to hear any better sound.
Good info on that thread, even looks like somebody is selling the amp mentioned.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...r-factory-tj-wrangler-console-subwoofer.2636/

The subwoofer and amp in my wife's TJ were toast, so I'm going a different route- Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered compact sub. Welded a bracket and bolted to the floor. Fits in the space and while it won't rattle your teeth out, it'll do fine for us.
IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

Reactions: JMT
I ended up going this route:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yN0COMhAeOE/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html
I saw it in another forum and it’s a really snug fit, but sounds great and a massive upgrade from the stock one. I also like how it’s all contained in the console, so no large amp out in the open begging to be stolen.
Did you have to modify anything inside the console and didn’t you use the harness off the old sub to connect amp to the speaker harness?

Did you have to modify anything inside the console and didn’t you use the harness off the old sub to connect amp to the speaker harness?

I did not have to modify anything inside the console, as it will fit in place of the factory sub housing. Since my LJ didn’t come with a factory sub, there was no wiring there so I just wired this up normally to my aftermarket stereo.