Jeep tj lock box

JWjeepSask

TJ Enthusiast
Has anyone ever tried to install a BESTOP under seat lock box? I've been trying for 2 hours and going exactly by the instructions which say 15min and still can't do it! Any tips tricks or help would be appreciated.
a153bfc80af67fd7b2db49cab8ec6449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you having the problem?

I know it's really simple but I can't get the bolts holes to line up. The bolt on the front closest to the door is going in good but the one next to the centre console goes about halfway then just quits turning entirely...

The one on the center console side is a PITA. Keep all the bolts really lose and try getting the troubled on to start threading.

I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. The front inner bolt is a real pain. The lack of access and the bad agle really makes it tough. I just worked it and found the right combination of bolt order that worked. You'll get it.

I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. The front inner bolt is a real pain. The lack of access and the bad agle really makes it tough. I just worked it and found the right combination of bolt order that worked. You'll get it.

The shitty thing with my jeep is the rear 2 bolts are refusing to move whatsoever even with every possible lube at my auto parts store AND a 12 inch breaker bar. I just took the rear bracket off, bolted in the front (best I can for now) then put the 2 screws instead of all 4. Everything fits ok now, only thing is it's really difficult to slide my seat forwards and backwards now. Here's some picks of the front bolts you can see how the one refuses to tighten anymore
Good bolt
68834646d085a154dbb87dd52ebfae6d.jpg

Stubborn Ass Bolt
1256dff34713d5e56895b91f316bc43a.jpg

Are you sure that you have the front mounting bracket going in the direction. It has to have the bracket angled down towards the front.

Are you sure that you have the front mounting bracket going in the direction. It has to have the bracket angled down towards the front.

Yes I doubled checked it and it is angled in the right direction