Jeep TJ Turn Signal / Hazards Not Flashing

pcraig12

Hey guys, this is my first time posting a thread as I am new to the website, but I figured I'd see if anyone could help me figure out my issue. I have an 01 TJ and I've owned it since march 21'. Ever since then I have not had flashing blinkers or hazards. I've replaced the multi-function switch, flasher relay, all fuses along the line, and all bulbs around the entire vehicle without any luck at all. I saw a forum from a few years ago where someone mentioned that they installed an OEM Chrysler flasher relay and that fixed their problem. I have yet to do this but have talked it over with a few technicians and cannot figure out what the difference would be in a simple 5 pin relay. I have power to all bulbs and all are working perfectly, just NO FLASH on either turn signal or with hazard lights on. Any help is very much appreciated!!!

I would guess you need a new flasher relay. what did you replace it with?
I replaced the flasher relay with a new one from O'Reily's, there is a chance that one could be faulty but it's just a simple 5 pin relay, I may go grab another one to try out.

I replaced the flasher relay with a new one from O'Reily's, there is a chance that one could be faulty but it's just a simple 5 pin relay, I may go grab another one to try out.
Flashers used to be pretty simple using a heat based flasher. New flashers are better called modules as apposed to relays... they use a circuit board to control flashing. You need an actual flasher "module" designed for a TJ (Just because it plugs in, in no way means it will work). A standard 5 pin relay is your problem.

OEM Flasher is Mopar 4607084 Flasher Uses a LM470, EP27, or EP28 according to my notes. Looking at O'Reily's website I would try the Novita LM470 it handles LED if you switch later. This could also be caused by a bad ground to the "E" terminal or a bad multifunction switch. If I remember right (been 5 years since I thought about flasher when I changed mine to LED) some flashers don't work even if they are the right pin out because the TJ does not use the ignition pin on the relay.

OEM Flasher is Mopar 4607084 Flasher Uses a LM470, EP27, or EP28 according to my notes. Looking at O'Reily's website I would try the Novita LM470 it handles LED if you switch later. This could also be caused by a bad ground to the "E" terminal or a bad multifunction switch. If I remember right (been 5 years since I thought about flasher when I changed mine to LED) some flashers don't work even if they are the right pin out because the TJ does not use the ignition pin on the relay.

I've been having the same issue; I'll be trying out the Novita LM470. I like the idea of converting all of the lights over to LED, the previous owner did a partial conversion.

I had this problem on my 2001 and the previous owner had random wires going everywhere for the turn signals and the parking lights. The turn signal wire on the drivers side was pinched in the fender and it was grounding out, if I remember right it was a black wire with yellow stripe. This caused my turn signals and hazards to stop working.

The new relay worked. I would like to add that my jeep is an '03 and the relay in question was on top of the steering column and connected to the back of the mfs assembly.