Jeep TJ Value

Deadeye

Right now I'm trying to figure out which vehicle to downsize from my driveway. It is either going to be my '95 Bronco or my '05 TJ Sport. That is kind of a tough decision for me and it is going to sting either way. Having said that, here's my question about the value of the TJ.

I'm in Canada and I've got a very clean, nearly rust free TJ. It is the cleanest one that I've seen in a long time. It is a Sport with 6 speed transmission, 4.0, Dana 44 with 3.73 gearing and two tops. The really interesting thing is that it only has 58,000 km (35,000 miles). A couple years ago the Canadian and US dollars were of equal value but the Canadian dollar has tanked in the past couple years. Brexit seems to be devaluing the Canadian dollar further. Today it is at 0.76 USD. This could be an opportunity for me depending on what my Jeep would be worth to an American buyer. What do you figure a Jeep like the one described would be worth in the American used vehicle market?

Your car in the US would depend entirely upon what region of the US you were located in, as well as the overall condition of the vehicle (mostly rust).

Being as though yours is rust free, I can tell you here in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) you would probably get somewhere between 12-15k depending.

I purchased my 2005 Rubicon (rust free) here in Oregon only a year or so ago and I paid $19,500 for it, which is about what a clean, used, rust free Rubicon goes for.

However, if you were selling your vehicle in different parts of the US, the price could drastically go down. It's very interesting to see how TJs are priced across the US. I can say with a lot of certainty that here in Oregon, Washington, and California, they seem to fetch a pretty penny if they are clean and unmolested.

Hmmm, that's actually a bit better than I expected to hear. This is very much a clean and unmolested Jeep.

I'm in eastern Ontario. For me it would likely be a buyer in New York or Michigan. If I was to meet up with someone in Kingston, Ontario I'm basically at the US border and only an hour an a half from Syracuse. If I was visiting family in London, I'm only two hours from Detroit.

Reactions: Chris
Being as though it's a rust free Jeep in Canada... My guess is you'll be able to sell it for a good amount.

Uhg! That's tough...my two favorite vehicles, I don't think I could do it!!! I paid $13,000 for my super clean 2006 "X" with 120,000 miles in Virginia, and that was a really good deal for around here... Others in its condition were running closer to $18,000 (even over) I looked at all the states boardering me as well and the market varied A LOT. I also looked at Jeeps in NY (where I'm from) they typically were half the price. Probably because of the rust issue

Hmm! Not a Rubicon, and only "nearly rust free" $6k USD a d I'll come pick it up.

in PA I can say 12-15k easy. I was searching for jeeps for 3 months non stop, hours and hours of searching, researching etc. I am no expert at all on jeeps as you can see by my posts but do feel well versed on values LOL.

In Georgia you would fetch probably between $12k and $20k, really just depending on the buyer.

But I bought mine for $2k so, like I said depending on the buyer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk