Jeep won’t start

lbeckham1114

I have a 03 Jeep Wrangler 2.4 liter with a 5 spd. Manual. Recently it would sputter every now and again. Then it threw a code for the cam shaft and crankshaft position sensors I changed both of them then it threw a engine temp coolant sensor so I changed it. Did not fix anything it keeps throwing different codes. So I thought it was my pcm so I sent it off and got it tested it was fine. My jeep now cranks over without the clutch pressed in and has no spark. I changed my coil. Any ideas ??

I have a 03 Jeep Wrangler 2.4 liter with a 5 spd. Manual. Recently it would sputter every now and again. Then it threw a code for the cam shaft and crankshaft position sensors I changed both of them then it threw a engine temp coolant sensor so I changed it. Did not fix anything it keeps throwing different codes. So I thought it was my pcm so I sent it off and got it tested it was fine. My jeep now cranks over without the clutch pressed in and has no spark. I changed my coil. Any ideas ??
IF you are losing signals from sensors; start by examining the split wire loom harness from the ECM thru to the different sensors.
The 4.0L has a problem with the ECM wiring harness going around the back of the valve cover rubbing thru on the threaded head stud on the drivers corner of the valve cover which creates a short to ground.

IF you are losing signals from sensors; start by examining the split wire loom harness from the ECM thru to the different sensors.
The 4.0L has a problem with the ECM wiring harness going around the back of the valve cover rubbing thru on the threaded head stud on the drivers corner of the valve cover which creates a short to ground.
Ok thanks I will give it a look