Jeep wont start

MagMan

I have a 2002 wrangler tj with 4.0 straight shift. Got in it to start it and nothing. The dash lights come on like normal but nothing else no grunt or click. I tried jumping it nothing. I'm thinking the ignition switch. Any input would be appreciated
Thanks

Maybe this..

DSC_0004 2.jpeg

This cheap, pot metal piece breaks..

DSC_0008.jpeg

If you take it apart, And leave the Ignition switch hanging, you can start it with a straight scewdriver.

And this is the replacement part

001-30.jpeg

BE READY FOR EXPLODING SPRINGS !!

Last edited:
Maybe this..

View attachment 89087

This cheap, pot metal piece breaks..

View attachment 89089

If you take it apart, And leave the Ignition switch hanging, you can start it with a straight scewdriver.

And this is the replacement part

View attachment 89090

BE READY FOR EXPLODING SPRINGS !!
X2 this. I bet this is what needs to be replaced. Cheap easy fix. Happened to me last year. If I remember correctly the thin plastic piece at the other end of where the key inserts snapped.

Easy way to test is if you have a remote start trigger hook it to the solenoid and turn the key on and wack it if it starts you need the switch if not you need a starter

If you have 12+Volts at the solenoid, you are good there. There are 3 parts under the steering column; ignition cylinder, actuator and starter. Buy all three, open it up with a torx and you’ll find the problem. Return the parts you don’t need.