Jeep Wrangler TJ Hard Top Repairs

Thanks for this @jscherb and @jgaz. I will be prepping mine to repaint it, but I have a couple of tweaks that I want to do to the structure beforehand. I've done quite a bit of fiberglass work in the past, and knew that something looked different about the hardtop's build. My plan was to just use standard polyester resin, so I'm glad to see this info.

I have a somewhat related question. With the top being double-wall, I've wondered about drilling an access point and pouring dense, expanding foam into the hole. In my mind, this may serve as some insulating, but most importantly as a sound dampener. Do you or anyone else know of this being done, and have some Pros and Cons info before I commit to it? As you know, once that's done, there's no turning back.

Glad you found it useful.

Also glad to see @jscherb on here.
If anyone can help any of you with your hardtop questions, he can.

Reactions: bedhed
Looks like there are some serious experts here I just have a question, my top is not that broken, but very pinstriped with some white nicks what shall I use to make it look better? (I’d like to take care of the pinstripes as well) thank you !
IMG_0987.jpeg

Looks like there are some serious experts here I just have a question, my top is not that broken, but very pinstriped with some white nicks what shall I use to make it look better? (I’d like to take care of the pinstripes as well) thank you ! View attachment 184572

All that needs is touch-up paint.

Thank you for the quick reply. The issue with touch up paint is the pinstripes are too many to go one by one with a pencil like paint. Is there a spray that I can use ?

Thank you for the quick reply. The issue with touch up paint is the pinstripes are too many to go one by one with a pencil like paint. Is there a spray that I can use ?

For sure. You're in Canada it looks like, your closest Canadian Tire will have a whole section of automotive touch up paints that come in spray cans. Napa is another option as well.