JK coil springs on a TJ?

Bird Dog

TJ Enthusiast
A buddy just gave me some coil springs that someone had given to him. I googled the part number from the tag (68004256AA) and the results came back for 2007-2012 JK rear springs. They looked like they have never been installed. My question is whether or not they would fit my 01 TJ that has developed a rear end sag. The part numbers for the TJ are different but I didn't know if these were usable. Just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge about this since they were free! I do have a 3" lift so these may not be the correct height anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't need it to ride any rougher than it does now. Went from an extended cab F150 to my first Jeep in which I have just gotten used to with the short wheelbase. I do need a little more strength for towing though. So the JK springs are stiffer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used JK springs on an '03 X, but they were from a JK Unlimited Rubicon with a hard top. Those would have been the highest spring rate of the JK springs. The rear springs provided lift, the front didn't do a thing. While the rear JK springs will provide a lift on a TJ, you have to open up the top coil a bit for them to work on a TJ. The only way they are worth it is if they are free. The front springs don't do anything to lift a TJ.

The ride was fine. They are still on the X that I sold to a buddy of mine, he is perfectly happy with them.

These photos will show the comparison of JK springs to the oem springs on the X.

Rear, JK spring on the right:
IMG_0361_zps248bb3ec.jpg

Front, JK spring on the left, TJ spring in the middle, OME JK spring on the right:
IMG_0366_zpsa96c09ce.jpg

There are so many different factory springs on the JKs, unless you know exactly what they came off of, it really is not worth the trouble. I mostly did it as an experiment, and it turned out ok for me. However, I used the OME JK front springs on that TJ X.

Reactions: SSTJ