JK rant

Slimchipley

Can anyone tell me why every time I search google for TJ specific content, I have to wade through hundreds of JK related “matches”. I find it quite annoying. I mean, kudos to the guy at Chrysler who came up with the idea to downgrade the Wrangler to a soccer mom grocery getter. I’m sure it made millions of dollars for Chrysler, or Daimler or whoever’s in control over there. But I’ll never drive one and don’t like being bombarded with JK products when I specifically type “Jeep TJ” in the search field. Just wondering.

Ahhh, you're a funny guy, I can tell we're going to get along! (I agree with what you said, 100%).

Our TJs don't get as much love as they used to. Being as though they aren't "new" anymore, all the drifters have moved on to the next thing (notice I didn't say next best thing), which is the JKs and JLs.

And the sad part is, those “drifters” are spending $46,000 for a new Wrangler and then dumping another $10,000 to create a machine that looks the part but will never see anything more challenging than a dirt road if it’s lucky!! Remember when the Wrangler was an economical way to get down and dirty?

Reactions: skrelnik and Chris
You're preaching to the choir. I for one don't like the idea of 4-doors on any Wrangler. I also don't like the fact that they seemed to have turned them into a crossover SUV substitute for would be CRV drivers.

I don't like all the bells and whistles or the electronic B.S. either. I like the Wrangler how it should be... simple, basic, and no power windows!

I'm only 35, but sometimes I feel like I'm getting old, being that I don't like how everything around me is changing... :risas3:

You're preaching to the choir. I for one don't like the idea of 4-doors on any Wrangler. I also don't like the fact that they seemed to have turned them into a crossover SUV substitute for would be CRV drivers.

I don't like all the bells and whistles or the electronic B.S. either. I like the Wrangler how it should be... simple, basic, and no power windows!

I'm only 35, but sometimes I feel like I'm getting old, being that I don't like how everything around me is changing... :risas3:
You are raised well my friend.

Reactions: Chris
Chrysler would never be that stupid. The Jeep nameplate has a certain stigma attached to it that could never be replicated by another line. That’s why these JKs and now the JLs sell so well. The people who buy them have some false sense of being rugged adventurers because that’s what they thought of TJ, YJ and CJ drivers back when they all longed for the look but couldn’t handle the reality of driving a vehicle that didn’t have power windows or seat warmers. I miss Pontiacs but in the end, what ever set them apart from Chevrolet or distinguished an Oldsmobile from a Buick? Nothing. GMs product line had melted into a glob of unidentifiable vehicles with no unique personalities. I think the Jeep name has taken a turn for the worse but it is definitely not going to go extinct.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
It's amazing really ...the Jeep brand and vehicle concept has endured for nearly a century .

I think the 4 door was inevitable, and the military humvee may have established the viability of a 4 door .

Refinement is, and almost always will be , the next thing . Every year, vehicles handle better , are quieter , and more sophisticated . That is an odd destiny for a vehicle that never had more options than needed .

Where I think the road has gone wrong a little , is that the option for a base, buildable ,simple Jeep platform seems gone .

It's odd that Jeep fell into Chrysler's hands , and with the Jku and now Jlu having the best resale of any American vehicle , you can't call it a fail.

I do think the TJ to JK change is a huge dividing line in style and feel, I can't think of any vehicle that made such a change in it's evolution in the last 2 decades ....but that may be unfamiliarity on my part.

I liked the look and design so much I paid more to get the lowest mileage one I could find , with the idea of keeping it a long time , maybe even giving to my son as he turns 16 .

Scarcity of parts does cross my mind now that im in the game though !

Very we’ll put Andy. And to your point, the same can be said of improvements and “creature comforts” the TJ brought over the YJ or the YJ over the CJ. The JKs changes were just so much more radical that previously experienced. Suddenly everybody had one and with that, the exclusiveness of owning a wrangler was gone. I’ll keep my TJ as long as possible and look forward to it becoming a classic that turns heads as more and more of them disappear from the road-scape.

Reactions: AndyG
Pro tip. When you search use the "

Example "jeep tj" lift kit or "wrangler tj" lift kit.

By adding the quotes you tell google it must have that.

Well my old searches for Jeep LJ stuff are now getting the "did you mean the Jeep JL". No Dammit, I'm searching LJ stuff! ;)

th?id=OIP.f2wC_gQcZjWzBWIMbY2cqAHaEP&pid=15.jpg
<<<<<<<< JL