JK Wheel Hub Without Speed Sensors

carrotman

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This might not be the best forum for this question being about JK parts, but I've got JK axles in my TJ. I'm wondering if there is an equivalent wheel bearing that fits in a JK knuckle but does not have a speed sensor. Just looking to save a few bucks where I can.

I've got a JK and I just swapped the speed sensors. if I still have the old ones you can have them to plug in the hole.

Wait do TJs have speed sensors too? Maybe that's an ABS thing.

I don't need the sensors at all just wondering if there is a wheel hub of the same size/dimensions but without the sensor and the hole, maybe for a different vehicle.

Oh, you're wanting to put the TJ unit bearing into your JK axle? Are the TJ ones cheaper or something? It really depends on the knuckle & the spline count (there may be other things that matter too). Maybe it's possible to put TJ knuckles on the JK axle in which case the TJ bearing would definitely fit as long as the axle spline count matches.

Some TJ's have ABS, no idea what componentry is involved if they do, mine doesn't have it. In light of lack of answers here, it might be a fun exercise to look at part numbers across various years on rock auto. You can learn a lot that way.