JK Wheel on TJ - Will this Work?

Gergg

Will these wheels work on a 2004 TJ ? ....Seems as though they might with a spacer? Is it a bad idea? I ask as they are free to me with 285 70r17 tires.
Jeep 2 Wheel.jpg

The JK Wheels are a different bolt pattern than your stock bolt pattern. The adapter (wheel spacer) you would need will fit your stock bolt pattern , incorporate about an inch of width spacing, and have the correct bolt pattern to fit the JK wheels.

Yep, just get an adapter, then they'll be about the right backspace. Now that is about a 33" tire so you'll need added suspension height. Do you have a lift?

A lot of people rune them. All you need is an adapter that's installed correctly and rechecked every so often.

Yep, just get an adapter, then they'll be about the right backspace. Now that is about a 33" tire so you'll need added suspension height. Do you have a lift?
Yes, 2004 Rubicon, 4" suspension lift, 33" tires should work out fine.

I actually had an exact set of these on the TJ my wife just bought, with wheel adapters. We took them off pretty quickly, mainly because she didn't like how skinny they looked but also because of the wheel adapters. I'm a firm believer in getting wheels with the correct backspacing and bolt pattern. Locktite and making sure they are correctly torqued should be good!

I actually had an exact set of these on the TJ my wife just bought, with wheel adapters. We took them off pretty quickly, mainly because she didn't like how skinny they looked but also because of the wheel adapters. I'm a firm believer in getting wheels with the correct backspacing and bolt pattern. Locktite and making sure they are correctly torqued should be good!
Which Locktite is best for the adapters...Red or Blue??

The backspacing on those things is 6.25". You'll need them to be around 4" of backspacing to clear, so you'll need a 2.25" wheel adapter (or more) in order to clear the tires.

That's a bit big IMHO. If you want those wheels, get the Quadratec version that is only 5.25" backspacing, then you'll only need a 1.25" wheel adapter. That's the setup I would recommend.

The backspacing on those things is 6.25". You'll need them to be around 4" of backspacing to clear, so you'll need a 2.25" wheel adapter (or more) in order to clear the tires.

That's a bit big IMHO. If you want those wheels, get the Quadratec version that is only 5.25" backspacing, then you'll only need a 1.25" wheel adapter. That's the setup I would recommend.
Yeah, 2.25" is not ideal, maybe I won't use them, I will check them out first.

As I stated, my wife's TJ came with a set of these on it with 1.5" spacers and they did not rub anywhere and the rig only has a 2" lift on it.
tj.jpg

Reactions: Starrs
I have a 3"lift an got 11/4"adapt.from amazon 5ea. from a co. in cali....I used blue locktite..an checked them every 3000 mi. rotation....for 20,000 mi. an they never moved.....will never go backside is great, no rubbing and tons of load range c tires for that rim....I run bfg Mt's and I googled the co.they make em for pickup trucks too $125 for all 5 one for the spare...they all had ser. no.on them.
161875B0-41AB-4BA2-86E7-815F76B15F8B.jpeg

... I used blue locktite..an checked them every 3000 mi. rotation...

Just curious on how you check them? If you used Loctite, then torqued them and to check them you use a torque wrench you just broke the Loctite bond and it no longer serves a purpose OR do you remove them and reapply Loctite?