JKS sway bar quicker disconnects sit at a weird angle

Shaydon15

Hey all. I got some jks sway bar quick disconnects for my Jeep tj and I installed them but they sit at like a weird angle, when connected to the axle…? Where ever it connect to at the bottom, and to the sway bar itself at the top, they sit at a weird angle. Is that normal? Do I have a weird sway bar? The sway bar is like bent in on both sides (on purpose) but that bend seems to be the thing that’s making them sit at a weird angle.. any opinions? Or help? Thanks!

Do you mean the antiswaybar is not centered and it's causing the links to be at an angle? Or the antiswaybar is centered but the links are still angled?

If it's the former, the antiswaybar is made so it can move sideways as the axle moves left/right as the axle moves up/down. If it's the latter, how much suspension lift do you have and do you have the original track bar? With a suspension lift, that causes the track bar to pull the front axle toward the driver's side. When the axle is off-center due to that, an adjustable length track bar is needed to get the axle centered.

The same thing happens to the rear axle for the same reason but in the opposite direction.

Reactions: Tob
Hey all. I got some jks sway bar quick disconnects for my Jeep tj and I installed them but they sit at like a weird angle, when connected to the axle…? Where ever it connect to at the bottom, and to the sway bar itself at the top, they sit at a weird angle. Is that normal? Do I have a weird sway bar? The sway bar is like bent in on both sides (on purpose) but that bend seems to be the thing that’s making them sit at a weird angle.. any opinions? Or help? Thanks!
Could you take a few pictures to clarify what you posted....

Reactions: rasband
Do you mean the antiswaybar is not centered and it's causing the links to be at an angle? Or the antiswaybar is centered but the links are still angled?

If it's the former, the antiswaybar is made so it can move sideways as the axle moves left/right as the axle moves up/down. If it's the latter, how much suspension lift do you have and do you have the original track bar? With a suspension lift, that causes the track bar to pull the front axle toward the driver's side. When the axle is off-center due to that, an adjustable length track bar is needed to get the axle centered.

The same thing happens to the rear axle for the same reason but in the opposite direction.

2B13F2AE-C914-4368-A6CF-B41B705E7B44.jpeg

B0373693-DC16-4908-9C30-1277FDBF306F.jpeg

YES you did...
The sway bar is supposed to fit inside the hoop of the bracket.
The sway bar is supposed to angle upward about 5-10* using the disconnect adjuster...
The disconnect will angle inward about 15-20*.
I’ll fix that haha, and yes, I gotta adjust it still, but the top end of it is like angled in, and the bottom part is like out towards my tire. Idk, it’s hard to explain. Lemme see if I can edit a photo abs add it