JKS swaybar disconnect issue

Pcleaners2

TJ Enthusiast
Has anyone had their quick disconnect rip off of the top tower. I went over a moderate bump and it ripped off. Wonder what happened there? They were not disconnected obviously but should tear off like that right? Only thing I can think is bolt was loose maybe

63727D23-6447-4D15-9F4C-750B8223BC17.jpeg

DAE8DCF9-4EE4-4F86-BA8A-0DBDA1E769FA.jpeg

6AE2B1EA-9833-41AC-8FB3-04DFCF129D76.jpeg

If the bolt is not broken I would say the nut was missing and this allowed for too much side play on the unsupported bracket. I have the same disconnects (put them on in 2006) and have never had this problem. I would bend the bracket back into shape, get another nut and locktite i it on......

Put a dab of medium blue loctite on the bolts and tighten it down. Mine hasn't gone anywhere since I've installed it few years back.

They didn’t come with nuts
The thin bracket is threaded
Doesn’t seem like good design but who knows maybe I just left it loose
If the bolt is long enough to throw a nut onto, bend it back and just put a nut on, if not grab a longer grade 8 bolt

I lost the nut and bolt off of one of mine. I replaced them with longer bolts and put a nut and lock washer on it. They haven’t come out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized I didn’t let my suspension settle after lift kit and when it settled it add another 10-15degree on swaybar. Maybe that caused an issue there ? I shortened then a lot to get them to 10 degrees. Also used blue lock tite but will get longer bolts and nuts later since no store has them here. Amazon it