JKU's with half doors

Not yet, it's been raining a bit here...just dropped everything at the dealership before we bought it to make sure it was all there and everything worked the way it was supposed to. Sitting on slightly oversized tires and with everything folded down it looked like it was about a half mile long and kinda a low rider look to it.

Last edited:
Here you go, @Chris, JKU with the top down.
20170319_143504.jpg
That thing reeeaaly needs some tires on it, and those chrome step bars need to find a new home before they screw up the body off road.

Reactions: Chris and UpperMI
Whoaaaaaaa! I just about spit my water out when I saw those wheels. Those need to go... STAT!
Right!? Those wheels are pretty pimpin' wheels! The PO lived in Beaverton, it's even got Les Schwab AT tires on it. Looking underneath, I doubt that this thing has been off road more than going to Clackamas Town Center.

The wife had me take about ten pounds of chrome off this thing the night it came home. In the rain, in the dark, in the wind. At least she held the flashlight.

I'm having a really hard time finding appropriate wheels for it. AEV stopped making the Pintler wheels in 16", and it looks like pretty much everyone else is getting away from them as well. It may end up getting a set of those grey Rubicon wheels in 17". Blaine was talking about 17" wheels on here one time, and I can't remember what he was saying about them, other than he's seen them work out.
OH man I am so jealous. It looks SO GOOD. I love half doors on jks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeps need and deserve half doors, don't they? JKU's with half doors are very rare around here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Right!? Those wheels are pretty pimpin' wheels! The PO lived in Beaverton, it's even got Les Schwab AT tires on it. Looking underneath, I doubt that this thing has been off road more than going to Clackamas Town Center.

The wife had me take about ten pounds of chrome off this thing the night it came home. In the rain, in the dark, in the wind. At least she held the flashlight.

I'm having a really hard time finding appropriate wheels for it. AEV stopped making the Pintler wheels in 16", and it looks like pretty much everyone else is getting away from them as well. It may end up getting a set of those grey Rubicon wheels in 17". Blaine was talking about17" wheels on here one time, and I can'tremember what he was saying about them, other than he's seent them work out.

Jeeps need and deserve half doors, don't they? JKU's with half doors are very rare around here.

Honestly, even the stock wheels would be better than those things. Hell, just get some JK Rubicon wheels, those things look good.

The chrome thing really bothers me. I'll admit, there are rare instances where it looks good (i.e. @Kiwi TJ), but for the most part it's a big no-no for me.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and StG58
You, the wife, and I agree on that...
I'm thinking that it's going to be one of these three wheels:
AEV-Pintler-Wheel-argent.jpg

AEV Pintler wheels, even though there are reports of them cracking on occasion.

MOPAR Rubicon.jpg

MOPAR Rubicon takeoffs...

Rubicon Extreme.jpg

Rubicon Extreme

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Reactions: StG58
All good choices. Q-tech has the Rubi take off looking wheels with a better backspacing, although I generally don't buy from them.
I try to avoid Q-tech as well. They do have a good selection of wheels though; except that most of them aren't an improvement over what's on there now.

We'll probably end up with the Rubicon Extreme wheels in 17x8 and 4-1/2" backspacing. Throw some 285/70R17 KO2's on there and call it good for the time being. I've got to get the TJ more finished before I dive into this thing anyway, so the wife could probably go through most of a set of tires before we get to seriously modifying her JKU. I don't even know what it needs right now, and I'm not going to start just throwing expensive parts at it.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Check the SF Bay Area's Craigslist website for rubicon wheels. There always seems to be quite a few sets for sale (with the stock BFGs).

Reactions: StG58
I try to avoid Q-tech as well. They do have a good selection of wheels though; except that most of them aren't an improvement over what's on there now.

We'll probably end up with the Rubicon Extreme wheels in 17x8 and 4-1/2" backspacing. Throw some 285/70R17 KO2's on there and call it good for the time being. I've got to get the TJ more finished before I dive into this thing anyway, so the wife could probably go through most of a set of tires before we get to seriously modifying her JKU. I don't even know what it needs right now, and I'm not going to start just throwing expensive parts at it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/6052718766.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/wto/6052857294.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/6055573478.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/6049748010.html (Pricey but they are the tires you like and it is a stock wheel)

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Thanks a bunch! That first set is what we're after, and I'll show the spousal unit the last set. Driving down there to get them is still cheaper than a new set of wheels and tires!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Driving down to SF, really?
Yup...Road Trip! We raid south! We live for this stuff. i.e. any excuse.
Dang, that's a long haul! Stop by on your way and say hi.
Will do, and thanks for the invite. I'll let you know if we head down on one of those sets of tires and wheels, or another set.