JL fenders on a Tj

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Saw this picture on FB. The fenders don’t look bad at all. Different but I kinda like it. I’d like to see it completed.

5E2B0E9E-CAAE-434A-A844-08CA6728B02A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Huckster
We must define “doesn’t look bad at all” very differently, probably 100% opposite. IMO that looks awful. The gaps being a big part of it, other than the rest being unpleasant.
It obviously isn’t finished. They look a lot better than other stuf I’ve seen.i just never would have even thought to go there with an idea like that. I’d like to see the finished project. I’ll stick with my new aluminum Genright Highlines though

How many shots do you have to take before it starts looking "not bad"?
View attachment 287352
None. It’s something different I haven’t seen before. I like that it isn’t just another cookie cutter Jeep build. I guess I’ve had mine too long. Owned it since new in 99’. It’s nice to see someone thinking outside the box and trying something new.

It’s something different I haven’t seen before. It’s nice to see someone thinking outside the box and trying something new.
Agreed. It’s not my route but I won’t needlessly turn my nose up to something fun like that.

I'll admit that I was somewhat impressed by the JK front fenders even though they look like giant fender flares. I always thought they'd flex around when needed instead of getting permanently bent and dented and should be fairly easy to replace when replacement was needed.

The JL fender itself looks fine, even on that TJ, it's the turn signal harkening back to the (historic?) 2005 Jeep Liberty that will always be the problem that I see.

I also like the looks of that roll bar. I'm sure it wouldn't do anywhere near a good as a full cage or even just a roll bar with vertical sides and wider top bar but it's giving me some Myers Tow'd feelings.
02f2b74ba7d0ff1c1289afc0941340f6.jpg