JL Wrangler Rubicon Recon

Starrs

TJ Guru
So Wrangler is now adding the recon to the stable just like the JK. Pretty good price savings with all that comes standard on the package. Steel bumper group, 2.0 turbo(3.6 not available), LED light group, bumper hoop, rub rails, tailgate reinforcement, special wheels, hood decal, and badging. I used to play around on the Jeep site all the time building them and my 2 door always came out to 47-48k; mild options. The recon with just adding hardtop comes to 44,700. It seems they have lowered the pricing which isn’t a bad thing at all haha.

So Wrangler is now adding the recon to the stable just like the JK. Pretty good price savings with all that comes standard on the package. Steel bumper group, 2.0 turbo(3.6 not available), LED light group, bumper hoop, rub rails, tailgate reinforcement, special wheels, hood decal, and badging. I used to play around on the Jeep site all the time building them and my 2 door always came out to 47-48k; mild options. The recon with just adding hardtop comes to 44,700. It seems they have lowered the pricing which isn’t a bad thing at all haha.
What do they look like?

If you separately purchased all the listed equipment that comes standard in the package, you could expect to pay $495 for body-color fenders, $1195 for the black three-piece hardtop roof, $1045 for the LED light upgrades, $1395 for front and rear steel bumpers, and $1500 for the engine change from the standard 3.6-liter V-6 to the 2.0 turbo four, according to the Jeep Wrangler configurator. This is also the only way to get Jeep's eTorque hybrid engine on a Rubicon model. The total for these stand-alone options would have come to $5630

But by purchasing it through the dealer you get all that for $2755

Ive always admired that buying some upgrades through the manufacture are much cheaper than doing it later. Like the Dana 44 option on the TJ’s. Way cheaper to do the Dana 44 upgrade through the manufacture versus after purchasing.

Reactions: Starrs
I built/priced a 2 door Recon yesterday. I wondered how long that had been available. I'm not crazy about the black grille, but they do look nice.

I priced a Gladiator too with my specs, it wasn't as bad as I thought - just under $50k for a Rubicon with the options I'd want (color fender flares, auto, hardtop main ones).

recon.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs
If you separately purchased all the listed equipment that comes standard in the package, you could expect to pay $495 for body-color fenders, $1195 for the black three-piece hardtop roof, $1045 for the LED light upgrades, $1395 for front and rear steel bumpers, and $1500 for the engine change from the standard 3.6-liter V-6 to the 2.0 turbo four, according to the Jeep Wrangler configurator. This is also the only way to get Jeep's eTorque hybrid engine on a Rubicon model. The total for these stand-alone options would have come to $5630

But by purchasing it through the dealer you get all that for $2755

Ive always admired that buying some upgrades through the manufacture are much cheaper than doing it later. Like the Dana 44 option on the TJ’s. Way cheaper to do the Dana 44 upgrade through the manufacture versus after purchasing.
It’s a damn good price savings considering it comes from the factory with all the great add ons. I like it all except the black matte stickers over the side scoops; I’d yank those off or tell them to leave them off from the factory.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
It’s a damn good price savings considering it comes from the factory with all the great add ons. I like it all except the black matte stickers over the side scoops; I’d yank those off or tell them to leave them off from the factory.
I doubt they would deliver to the dealer without. They may, def worth the ask.

however as soon as one takes delivery of any vehicle with a decal/sticker, the sooner, the better when it comes to taking it off.

in all fairness it would be very easy to remove the ugly decals.

Nice looking rigs. I do like that style of that front bumper. Can be stubby or wide if you add the ends. I would like to have that style for my JK Willys someday, but have never found a good deal on any Rubi JK take-offs. Most folks likely keep them. I've seen some aftermarket ones that look similar.

Had I not dumped $$ into my TJ, I would have traded for a JK recon, super nice Jeep. Maybe the JK prices will come down some more, I wouldn’t mind having a recon in the driveway.

I think the only way the JLs look good is with the LED package (I’ve never cared for the JK), but I still couldn’t imagine that much money on a Wrangler. Especially one that I’d use for anything fun...

Reactions: Midwest
I was eyeing one in Louisville a few months back, I think it was $32K +/-; I'm glad they are not very close to me, I'd be all over one of these;
https://www.griffithfordseguin.com/...e0a0e0a6b4da79abd237b556c.htm?searchDepth=4:4
https://www.toyotaofashland.com/auto/used-2017-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-recon-ashland-ky/42587568/
I wouldn’t pay 30k for any JK. You can already get JLs for 35k. The JLs will plummet in price soon too I’d imagine haha. It’s almost bronco season lol