JohnnyJet’s 04 Build

Johnnyjet

Right now this is in the planning stages
1-Lift
2-wheels/tires 32-33s
3-paint correction, not repaint
4-Lighting

gonna start there. Have a pretty good idea where I’m going with this, don’t wanna re gear if I don’t have too. I’m sure the suggestion list is long. This Jeep is a 72000 mile 5 speed 6 cylinder. Solid Jeep.

BC6EEEE2-9F1E-4687-A8AE-B513E1B689FA.jpeg

B6E703B7-3306-4565-A443-9461AF7DE8F8.jpeg

C7E5102C-9EA9-4080-96D7-658837D750FC.jpeg

finished the install in the JKS 3 inch lift. , very happy with the results. Got the wheels, gonna order tires, pretty sure 305-70-16 is the size,
pics will follow

heres my question, will LT tires solidify the ride and make it less wobbly? I’m in stock 15 inch tires and it seems shaky side to side

finished the install in the JKS 3 inch lift. , very happy with the results. Got the wheels, gonna order tires, pretty sure 305-70-16 is the size,
pics will follow

heres my question, will LT tires solidify the ride and make it less wobbly? I’m in stock 15 inch tires and it seems shaky side to side
Shaky side to side is a little vague. Was it that way before the lift or did it start after? There are many others who can go into specifics better than I, but I don't think a P metric vs. LT tire will make that difference. Here's what I'd start looking first...

Tire pressure makes a big difference; most of us run 26-28 psi for that size tire for a smooth and planted ride. Too low will feel sluggish and sloppy; too high will be rougher and 'jittery'.

There are lots of bushings that can go bad and affect the ride; control arms, steering linkage, track bars, etc. - I'd check these.

Are all your suspension components properly torqued? If any are loose, that'll affect the ride and there are many ways that can go.

And last, a 15" vs. 16" rim won't make a difference. The 16" may provide a slightly stiffer ride due to less sidewall to cushion when going over bumps and it seems like there are less tire choices when running 16" rims vs. 15".

Awesome info. Thanks. I want a stiffer sidewall tire so I’m gonna go with the LT tire. The entire suspension has been redone. I’ll just double check the torque and see what I come up with.

Next steps are changing back to stock radio, switching flares to black flares correcting the bad parts of the paint and sanding/blasting the frame and undercarriage and refinishing. Rides great now with the better tires and zero offset wheels

Put a few miles on it and it’s settling in. Only issue I’ve got is it occasionally pops out of 2 and 4 Gear. Any adjustment for that.
Are you running a body lift, or a trans drop? Either of those can limit the down travel of the shifter and cause it to pop out of 2nd and 4th. The problem is likely that the shifter is hitting the console, and the fix is usually to trim the console a bit.