As the title says I just bought a 2006 Wrangler with 105k miles and absolutely no frame rust. I've been looking for months and I finally found one (also its a 6 speed) if anyone has any pointers for a new wrangler owner lay it on me! no pictures yet but I will get right on it after I finish classwork for the weekend (I'm a Highschool student).
Anyways im really exited to jump in and join the community!

As the title says I just bought a 2006 Wrangler with 105k miles and absolutely no frame rust. I've been looking for months and I finally found one (also its a 6 speed) if anyone has any pointers for a new wrangler owner lay it on me! no pictures yet but I will get right on it after I finish classwork for the weekend (I'm a Highschool student).
Anyways im really exited to jump in and join the community!
Congratulations! And welcome aboard. Yes....this group does like pictures.

Welcome, and congratulations on the new-to-you TJ. Advice? Drive it as is for six months and enjoy. The urge to modify is strong, and will drain your funds...see if you can evaluate in a few months what you really need before throwing money at 'gotta haves'...

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Welcome, and congratulations on the new-to-you TJ. Advice? Drive it as is for six months and enjoy. The urge to modify is strong, and will drain your funds...see if you can evaluate in a few months what you really need before throwing money at 'gotta haves'...

X2

Welcome. I am new to the forum too and fairly new to Jeeps. I agree with many statements above. Drive, enjoy, and fix what breaks with quality parts. Take your time with the mods. Start with those that make is safe to drive, i.e. have brakes, address death wobble if necessary, etc. Get to know the weak spots in the Jeep.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Yeah as for mods its not even in the budget right now for lifts and tires, I do go offroading often with family so it is on the list for the future (heres some pics more to come)
20180825_160100.jpg
20180825_160322.jpg
20180825_172648.jpg

With hesitation....

This thread is worthless without pics

Congrats, its a good group of people here with a wealth of knowledge

When does he let you drive?

I like the UFO spotting lights on the bumper:eek:...what's with the upward angle...?

Very nice TJ!
The lights were lose when I got the from the dealer so the wind pushed them upwards. I have since removed them because they feel kinda cheap imo. I also will be re mounting the KC lights because the previous owner did a shawty job as wiring them up:confused:

Looks nice , you will really enjoy it .

Great advice , move slow and do it right , so you can enjoy it later and not spend twice .

Stay on the forum ...you will be glad you did.

I've owned a TJ for the last 15 years. I have a 2005 6 speed right now. My best advice would be pretty much what everyone else here has said. Looks like you already have a winch. That would have been my first suggestion for a mod, but since you already have one I say, take the Jeep out get it stuck, use the winch and find out what you need to do to the Jeep to run the trails you'd like to run without getting stuck. My other suggestion is to use this community for any questions you may have. Most times if you have a question or issue the odds are there's already a whole thread here addressing it, but if you don't see one that helps you post up a new thread. People on this forum are very knowledgeable, and they love to share their knowledge with fellow TJ owners, so when you post you question you will shortly have many replies that should help you. I hope you enjoy your Jeep and being a part of this crazy community.... Welcome to the family. Cool dog, by the way. I have found that if you take the back seat out and replace it with a dog bed that takes up the space left it works out nicely. My pups love it.

I've owned a TJ for the last 15 years. I have a 2005 6 speed right now. My best advice would be pretty much what everyone else here has said. Looks like you already have a winch. That would have been my first suggestion for a mod, but since you already have one I say, take the Jeep out get it stuck, use the winch and find out what you need to do to the Jeep to run the trails you'd like to run without getting stuck. My other suggestion is to use this community for any questions you may have. Most times if you have a question or issue the odds are there's already a whole thread here addressing it, but if you don't see one that helps you post up a new thread. People on this forum are very knowledgeable, and they love to share their knowledge with fellow TJ owners, so when you post you question you will shortly have many replies that should help you. I hope you enjoy your Jeep and being a part of this crazy community.... Welcome to the family. Cool dog, by the way. I have found that if you take the back seat out and replace it with a dog bed that takes up the space left it works out nicely. My pups love it.
Sadly the winch is toast. Also it's some cheap harbor freight one so I wouldn't trust my jeep to it anyways. Thanks for that dog bed idea though!