Just got my new hardtop

Old Pueblo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I bought a bulldawg highlander right at 1 month ago. And got it delivered today. I can't wait to get it installed. Gonna be a couple more weeks since my buddy is out of town and I'm working nights right now.
Question, what to do with my old soft top and hardware? Trash or sell?

20230608_110750.jpg

20230608_110759.jpg

20230608_111343.jpg

20230608_110815.jpg

20230608_111225.jpg

Last edited:
Nice top.

I’m guessing you don’t plan to put the soft top back on? If so, I’d sell it. If the top is not in good shape, I’d at least sell the hardware. People seem to always be Looking for it.

It’s probably still work selling. Someone might be looking for something for hunting rig, or similar and won’t mind the scratches. All the windows can be purchased separately, including the rear, so someone could still match another new or used one up with it.

There was a year where zippers changed from being on the top to on the windows, or vise versa, I don’t remember which. So, I’d list what year it’s from so someone interested will be able to easier locate the right parts if needed. Others here probably know which years had which.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
That's sick. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Also who did your lift and axle? I got a pile of parts I need to put on my Jeep. Been shopping around for some help.

Reactions: Old Pueblo
I really like that those side windows open. Thats a nice touch. Looks like they slide open when they're down too?

That's sick. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Also who did your lift and axle? I got a pile of parts I need to put on my Jeep. Been shopping around for some help.

I have a post here about my axle install. Me and a buddy did it. I've done pretty much everything , lift, body lift, homemade trans cooler, JB conversion SS SYE/ Wide chain- 6 pinion planetary. Durango alternator, radiator, fan and a clutch from a dodge van, and a few things from Savvy and Tom Woods.
This hardtop is about the last thing I've wanted to do for awhile. I have an ARB fridge mounted on a slider in the back, but I rarely use it because the zipper rear window sux balls. I have taken the doors and windows off a few times, but it isn't fun in/ around Houston. The weather almost always sucks here, and even if you get a nice day, it's still a third world shithole that you don't want to leave any opportunity for theft. If I was able to get back home to Arizona I'd convert the rear zip window to a barn door and forego the hardtop. I'm stuck here in Houston for at least the next 5 years.
I will NEVER put the softtop back on. I will either sell it local or throw it in the dumpster.

When I bought my LJ it had a factory top not in great condition. I sold that top in about 5 minutes. I thought the guy was buying it for the frame but he said the whole thing was in better shape than the one he had. I immediately bought a Bestop frameless top and ran with only the safari top on for about a year before I found a hard top. I have a ceiling hoist for the hardtop and can switch it out faster than putting the windows in the bestop. I have only had the windows in the bestop ONE time.

Reactions: Old Pueblo
I would never say never on the soft top. Life has a way of making you wrong on those things.

If it were me, I would keep the soft top hardware and frame parts. They don't take up much room to store somewhere and they are expensive to replace new. New soft tops can be had from budget to expensive if you decide it might be back.

Just my 2 cents...