Just inherited a 2000 wrangler

CRGR

CRGR
Supporting Member
The Woodlands/Galveston TX, United States
New to the site. Just inherited my daughter's 2000 wrangler. Promised I'd buy her a brand new car when she graduated college. Decided to keep the jeep rather than trade it in. It's in decent shape for being driven around by a teenager for the last 6 years! I plan to put a lift and larger tires on it. Like the look of 3" and 33's. Would use it for weekends on the coast here in Texas. Love looking through pix for ideas, etc.

Great plan. :)
For sand I have found wider rather that taller for tires. Of course that might involve different wheels for tire clearance (different back spacing) or spacers. Get the wallet out and join the club!

I rebuild a totaled 2000 and sold it. Now I really wish I had kept it. :oops: Nice ride

Last edited:
Reactions: CRGR and StG58
Now that's something truly awesome to inherit! Have you had a chance to drive it with the doors and top off?

Ditto that. Wider is better than taller in the sand. Sand is snow's evil cousin. Air down aggressively. Keep moving, momentum is your friend. A good shovel is very helpful. Get some chunks of used carpet for sand mats. Also invest in a cheap sprinkler for when you get home to wash the sand and salt off the underside of the rig. Get a recovery strap.

And at the risk of being controversial, get a farm jack and the wheel lifting attachment. Get the big base or a 2 X 2 sheet of 3/4 inch plywood. When you get buried, jack a wheel up, fill in the hole, put the sand mat under your tire (s) and away you go! Or beg a winch out from a nice passer-by. There's guys out there that live for that stuff.

Jeeps do great in the sand, you'll have a blast.

Coming along! should be done next weekend. went with 33', OME 3.75 lift, SYE, re-gear,
IMG_2345.JPG
bright metallic silver wrap, new bumpers, rails, etc.

Not sure if this should go in the 'build' area or not. just finished final mods. what a transformation! 3 1/2 OME lift, new front and rear drive shafts with re-gear, 33x12.5x15 TraIL grapplers (5), new wheels, bumpers (went with tubes because I had them on first jeep back in the day and I like the look), SYE, new steering box (was cracked), bestop nx, KC round halogens, seat covers, windshield, body wrap in bright metallic silver (way less expensive than a good paint job). love the look - can't believe it's the same jeep. before and after pix: BEFORE
20160807_161251.jpg

AFTER:
20161116_100219.jpg

Kept the hardtop and will paint it black eventually.

DAMN! That looks GOOD!

That wrap turned out nice. How much did they charge you?

I would be pleased with it as well. From a distance I can't even tell that it's not just painted silver!

Fantastic!
Tell us about those wheels!
I love my stocker but every time I see something like this I get all...jelly or what evs lol. I'm itching for a lift and 33s.

Reactions: Chris