Just like old times

Cruising

Supporting Member
My wife and I found a 1999 Sahara last summer just like one we owned 20 years ago when our two girls were young. She really enjoyed driving it back then and so when I found this one for sale, I bought it as a third fun vehicle for her. Contacted the owners within an hour of them putting it up for sale and purchased it immediately. The older couple (70 years plus) we purchased the Jeep from lived a couple of blocks from us and kept it in the garage. They never took the hard top off. The factory soft top was still on/folded in the back. Throughout the years of the soft top sitting in the back, it developed a couple of rub holes and we replaced that with a Bestop. Other than that, the Jeep was in excellent condition. I have since grown strongly attached to the Jeep and started adding mods under the tub. My wife wants to keep the body, bumpers, interior, etc. with the stock appearance to look like the original Jeep we had. Have not taken it beyond forest roads (and the yogurt shop). Such a pleasure to drive with the hard top off which stays off! Even though I purchased this Jeep for my wife, I have partially taken control of it (mods) and drive it more than her.

I've learned a lot over the past few months reading the forum ideas and am very thankful that Chris started it. I appreciate the very knowledgeable folks here who take time to contribute their thoughts, ideas and experience to those who are learning.

Reactions: Tob, RINC and Chris
I'm going to state the obvious here...

This thread is worthless without pics

Welcome to the forum though, it's great to have you here. These things are a blast to own.

Welcome to the forum!

Great back story. Especially since you both enjoy it!

What have you done to it so far, and what more are you going to do?

And one more thing,

This thread is worthless without pics

Cheers!

Modoc Guy, A few below deck mods in the past months:

Pics to follow.

4" Currie springs
Currectlync Tie Rod system
Currie RockJock front track bar
Currie Rockjock rear track bar
Red-Head Durango steering box
Bilstein 5160 rear
Bilstein 5100 front
SwayLoc front sway bar
Metalcloak double adj complete set
Adams driveshaft w/ SYE
4.88 gears
Front TrueTrac
Rear Trac Lok (already previously installed)
Yukon front Dana 30 chromoly axle kit
Yukon rear Dana 35 chromoly axle kit
Fuel 17" Bronze wheels
BFG KO2 17"

Reactions: Tob
pics (of "wife's" Jeep and her "Jeep shed")

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

jeep5.jpg

jeep6.jpg

Modoc Guy, A few below deck mods in the past months:

Pics to follow.

4" Currie springs
Currectlync Tie Rod system
Currie RockJock front track bar
Currie Rockjock rear track bar
Red-Head Durango steering box
Bilstein 5160 rear
Bilstein 5100 front
SwayLoc front sway bar
Metalcloak double adj complete set
Adams driveshaft w/ SYE
4.88 gears
Front TrueTrac
Rear Trac Lok (already previously installed)
Yukon front Dana 30 chromoly axle kit
Yukon rear Dana 35 chromoly axle kit
Fuel 17" Bronze wheels
BFG KO2 17"
Man, you've got that rig squared away!

And it looks great! I like white. 👌

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Your stabilizer bolt should point to the rear. Plate goes on the back, u-bolts on the front, bolt is back and angled upward slightly.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Your stabilizer bolt should point to the rear. Plate goes on the back, u-bolts on the front, bolt is back and angled upward slightly.
Thank you for checking that out. I'll get it corrected. Will I notice any difference while driving or in wear once corrected?