Key unlock issue

Nickxm92

Good morning everyone!!

I just picked my '97 TJ up from the mechanic yesterday after a hellish 20 days in the shop. Needed to get a Jasper rebuilt tranny and a new transfer case put in. The Jeep runs smoother than it has since i got it now and its been worth it so far. Only issue I have noticed now is that I can not removed the key once I turn the ignition off. This was never a problem before so I am wondering if it is tied into the new transmission somehow. Does anyone know what I can check or adjust so this stops happening?

Thanks in advance!

Good morning everyone!!

I just picked my '97 TJ up from the mechanic yesterday after a hellish 20 days in the shop. Needed to get a Jasper rebuilt tranny and a new transfer case put in. The Jeep runs smoother than it has since i got it now and its been worth it so far. Only issue I have noticed now is that I can not removed the key once I turn the ignition off. This was never a problem before so I am wondering if it is tied into the new transmission somehow. Does anyone know what I can check or adjust so this stops happening?

Thanks in advance!
Are you hitting the button near the key cylinder to turn the key a bit extra and release the key?

1611159484790.png

Foot on the brake and wiggle the steering wheel?

Once you get it out I would put some graphite grease in there.

Foot on the brake and wiggle the steering wheel?

Once you get it out I would put some graphite grease in there.
Yeah I was able to get it out yesterday by doing that and then it was fine for another turn or 2. Once I get off work I will play around with it more because none of that is working now.