Khaki TJ full doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Panagakos

TJ Enthusiast
Price
$300
I have a set of Kaki TJ full Doors for sale. They are from my 2006 TJ and are in excellent condition. I found a set of kaki half doors I'm using. I thought I'd switch to the full doors during winter , but didn't so now I have no use for the full doors. Interior panels are the beige or tan color. I have not removed the locks so they match my ignition. I know I should take those out, but if someone buys the doors we can work that part out later. There are no dents or rust. I did take the factory mirrors and put them on my half doors. I'm in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, right next to Albuquerque. I will sell them for $300.

I would have to figure out how to package and ship these. Where is zip 63143? For those who wonder, I set a price I thought was reasonable for something I know I am not going to use. I have been fixing up Jeeps since Highschool and I know what a pain finding and buying parts is. I figure it is good to be fair with my fellow Jeep lovers.

For that price I'd save them for my khaki TJ or repaint red for my LJ which needs new doors. But I'll honor your wishes and let you sell them to somebody who actually needs them. If you have trouble selling though (I doubt you will) I will happily buy them if you'll ship.

I’m in St. Louis, Missouri.
To be more precise it’s Maplewood, Missouri.
I can only imagine that kinda stuff can be a real pain.
I’ve never shipped before so I can’t help much. I can try and find some info on it. My paint is not stock thanks to the previous owner so no matter the color I’ll need to repaint. Not to mention I just jacked up one of my doors after it fell and the other one has holes in it from the previous owner trying to align it with aftermarket hinges. This would be a lifesaver.

Reactions: JMT
It looks like the best way to ship full doors would be to take them to UPS and have them package it and ship it. If shipped separately insure each for 1000 and if together then insure it for 2000. It seems people recommended you don’t package them yourself as then the liability falls on poor packing and UPS won’t do anything after they arrive broken. I don’t know what all that would cost but I’m sure this will likely be my best chance on a new set of doors.

I’m in St. Louis, Missouri.
To be more precise it’s Maplewood, Missouri.
I can only imagine that kinda stuff can be a real pain.
I’ve never shipped before so I can’t help much. I can try and find some info on it. My paint is not stock thanks to the previous owner so no matter the color I’ll need to repaint. Not to mention I just jacked up one of my doors after it fell and the other one has holes in it from the previous owner trying to align it with aftermarket hinges. This would be a lifesaver.
I hope to see these in your future.

Reactions: Schwifty Rich
It looks like the best way to ship full doors would be to take them to UPS and have them package it and ship it. If shipped separately insure each for 1000 and if together then insure it for 2000. It seems people recommended you don’t package them yourself as then the liability falls on poor packing and UPS won’t do anything after they arrive broken. I don’t know what all that would cost but I’m sure this will likely be my best chance on a new set of doors.
I would think the doors would have to be packaged and shipped separately going by UPS. They are simply too heavy and bulky to ship together, not to mention they would probably be damaged if shipped together in one box.

I did purchase a set of used full doors years ago from another state, and they can be shipped. Not cheap, but doable.

That price makes paying for shipping worth it.

Ship Greyhound. It's very cheap. And all you need to do is wrap in cardboard. No need to box. Or from Fastenal location to Fastenal location. They ship between their warehouses for cheap.

This is a give away. Deal of the decade.

Ship Greyhound. It's very cheap. And all you need to do is wrap in cardboard. No need to box. Or from Fastenal location to Fastenal location. They ship between their warehouses for cheap.

This is a give away. Deal of the decade.
Thanks for the tips! I just looked at their site and it is less than half the cost it would be with UPS. In their FAQ though it says unless auto parts are packed in “oem packaging” they are only accepted at shippers liability and unable to be insured or something. That worries me. Anyone have insight?

Thanks for the tips! I just looked at their site and it is less than half the cost it would be with UPS. In their FAQ though it says unless auto parts are packed in “oem packaging” they are only accepted at shippers liability and unable to be insured or something. That worries me. Anyone have insight?

I don't know about Fastenal's policies. But I shipped a set of full doors from TN to Los Angeles via Greyhound. With only cardboard and plastic packing tape. And they were handled quite well. I think it might have to do with the packing of under bus storage. You have to slide things in fairly carefully to get everything stuffed in there to maximize contents. IDK. It was like around $100 to go that far. It took a fair amount of time. A few weeks. But UPS would have been 3 or 4 times that much easily. Mine were not new doors though. To be fair. But nothing was showing to be scratched. And they were carefully leaned up against a wall at my local Greyhound. Looking like they had taken good care of them.

I think Fastenal loads things onto pallets and ships that way. They just don't do it in CA. Every other state though. It's worth a call. It's much more reasonable than normal shippers. Even a freight company would be way cheaper. I was going to try Uship. As that is another alternative.

If you wind the windows down. Doors are pretty tough. You really have to just protect the finish. That's why we did cardboard across the whole door with packing tape and some plastic wrap.

I will look into who might be able to ship the doors. I like the Greyhound idea, may check on that. I will wait a few days and see if anyone close enough to pick up is interested. I am just worried that if I don't ship the right way the doors could get dented or worse. They are in great shape and I don't want to risk messing them up.

I will look into who might be able to ship the doors. I like the Greyhound idea, may check on that. I will wait a few days and see if anyone close enough to pick up is interested. I am just worried that if I don't ship the right way the doors could get dented or worse. They are in great shape and I don't want to risk messing them up.

I have to agree with you there. Especially selling them at such a low cost. Why get hassled with shipping. Someone will come pick those up. It's a GREAT deal. Just sit on them.

Further there are freight companies that can be hired by the buyer to come out and pick up and package and ship the doors. Or at worst you might have to drop them off at a local freight company. I shipped an anti aircraft gun this way several years ago. I dropped it off. And they made a wooden box for it. And shipped it. All I had to do was drop it off.

I must say I'm supprised at all the responses I'm getting for these doors. I take it that others charge way more. That's not my nature. I remember long ago selling a hard top for a jeep YJ. I sold it for about $500. People thought I should have asked over $1,000. Really, I thought nothing of that top. I don't like hard tops on Jeeps. It wrecks the whole Jeep experience for me, kinda like why I don't use my full doors. Besides I have another vehicle with doors and a roof. It's getting warm here now and that's open top Jeep season for me.

@Peter Panagakos
I am more than willing to work with you in any capacity. I can try and set everything up I think. you shouldn’t have to worry much at all. It’s just my first time and all the wonderful people here are giving me some great shipping options. I can private message you some details.

Google freight companies in the seller's area. They will pick up, package and ship for a fee. The fee will pale in comparison to the deal you got on these doors.

After googling freight companies, the packing and insuring. I had to pass, the numbers ran a little high in Jeep money considering the repaint.
So close!

Status
Not open for further replies.