LCA axle bracket replacement and issues

Don Bulee

TJ Enthusiast
I changed the brackets for the front axle lower control arms for my 06 rubicon (barnes) but Im not sure if this is how it should look like... (no cam bolts) After the alignment at the shop was done.. the jeep was still leaning a bit to the driver's side... Not sure if the not-adjustable arms that I have is messing with that... Those arms are for a 2.5 inch lift and I have 4.5... Im planning on changing the arms for some core 4x4 ones but right now Im saving for the regearing..... Not sure if that's how they should look like.. Not sure if the arms are messing with the leaning problem... Not sure if the gears should be kept as priority 1 or if I should get some adjustable LCAs and push the regearing a few months more... Ooooor maybe just some cam bolts would be enough....
1691795365747471855002836721196.jpg

The Barnes instructions I followed for my rear axle brackets referenced degrees and spacing from the spring perch. A digital angle finder let me get it dialed in perfectly.

Did you do the work or someone else?

I'm still running stock arms with a 4" lift and trying to save up for Saavy or Core 4x4 arms. I do still have cam washers. I've done my own alignments.

Leaning is more of a spring issue. I don't have that issue (or haven't measured) and some folks have used spacers to "fix" it.

Good luck!

-Mac

The Barnes instructions I followed for my rear axle brackets referenced degrees and spacing from the spring perch. A digital angle finder let me get it dialed in perfectly.

Did you do the work or someone else?

I'm still running stock arms with a 4" lift and trying to save up for Saavy or Core 4x4 arms. I do still have cam washers. I've done my own alignments.

Leaning is more of a spring issue. I don't have that issue (or haven't measured) and some folks have used spacers to "fix" it.

Good luck!

-Mac

the job was performed by a shop, my welding skills are not that advanced, my question was more about.... do that screw position looks normal? I never noticed before changin the brackets....