Leak onto drivers side floor

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all, I've noticed in the past couple of months that I have some sort of leak that leaks to a small pool of water basically right in the middle of my floor liner on my drivers side (RHD Jeep). After some research I had originally thought it was because the cowl was clogged up but I had a look and it's definitely not that. In the picture I've attached, the water drains fine through the bit i've labelled 2, and 3 (the cabin intake) empties onto the passenger side (this was what I originally thought it was). Where I've labelled 1 has no leaks or anything so I've ruled that out too. I was pouring water from a bucket everywhere here and it ended up everywhere but the drivers side floor. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I've considered maybe one of the roof or floor seals but they seam fine when I go through car washes and such and also the water pools right in the middle of the floor under the dash so it doesn't seam like its coming from the door or roof. Any helps appreciated, thanks.
66125032_379403799625934_7783923449931497472_n.jpg

Check that the A/C condensate drain isn't plugged. If it gets plugged the water will drain onto the floor
I did consider it could be something A/C related because it doesn't work properly, but because it doesn't work I never use it so I would've thought that it wouldn't leak. Also I've only ever noticed the leak after it's been sitting in the rain or when I wash it with a hose, not after the Jeeps actually been running. Should I check this anyway and how do I?

I did consider it could be something A/C related because it doesn't work properly, but because it doesn't work I never use it so I would've thought that it wouldn't leak. Also I've only ever noticed the leak after it's been sitting in the rain or when I wash it with a hose, not after the Jeeps actually been running. Should I check this anyway and how do I?

Leaking like that pretty much rules out anything A/C related.

Several threads on here about leaks ending up on floorboards from various sources. Mine is coming from the door seals. Waiting on a set to arrive and hoping it solves my problem.

Several threads on here about leaks ending up on floorboards from various sources. Mine is coming from the door seals. Waiting on a set to arrive and hoping it solves my problem.
Yeah I've had a pretty hard look, still can't seem to find anything. I'm still thinking it doesn't seem like a door/roof seal because theres no water anywhere between the seals and this little puddle in the middle of the floor.

Well I found mine by sitting in my Jeep during a rainstorm in my driveway and saw it coming from the bottom of the doors.. on both sides. The strange thing I noticed about it was depending on the amount of rain and force, the water would either just drizzle down onto the floor or seem to pool a bit on the doorseal and squirt onto the floor which explained how some of it got onto the middle of the floor as opposed to right underneath the doorsills. It would even spray a little behind the front seats if my Jeep was facing the opposite way in my driveway (which has a moderate slope to it).

Well I found mine by sitting in my Jeep during a rainstorm in my driveway and saw it coming from the bottom of the doors.. on both sides. The strange thing I noticed about it was depending on the amount of rain and force, the water would either just drizzle down onto the floor or seem to pool a bit on the doorseal and squirt onto the floor which explained how some of it got onto the middle of the floor as opposed to right underneath the doorsills. It would even spray a little behind the front seats if my Jeep was facing the opposite way in my driveway (which has a moderate slope to it).
I'm still pretty sure it's not a seal but I'll see if I can get the leak to happen tomorrow using a hose.

Maybe go to one of the self-serve car washes with someone and sit in it while they stand back and blast it with the gun.

I had a similar problem with my Jeep. If I parked it at a certain angle, my floor was dry. I always assumed it was the door seals because I checked the other common causes. The strange thing about my Jeep is that since I installed the soft top, I get NO water inside, no matter how its parked. We've had plenty of heavy downpours, sideways rain, etc. to test it.

May be too obvious, but have you had the windshield replaced recently? Was travelling once and I needed to get mine replaced (whole other story, entire right third of windshield shattered from debris out of a pickup outside of Little Rock on my way to Alabama) and went to a cheap place to have mine replaced and they did a terrible job on the glue, or whatever they use. Afyer trip, went back to Idaho, and the rain is so sparse and air is so dry it never got bad enough to leak. Move to east Texas and with the torrential rain it leaked like crazy. Had a bucket in there for a long time, i thought it was the hard top seal but could never identify. Finally replaced the glass, told the safelite guy about it and he said it was definitely a poor installation of the windshield. No issues since.