Leather wrapped dash

I have zero heartburn over you wrapping it to make it your own. I like it when folks step out of everyone else's box and do things their own way.

Have fun with it and make it yours.
I pirchased some new a-pillars a year or two ago just to see what my interior guy could do. Had them wrapped in the finest Alcantara I could find commercially.

i think it adds just a hint of, “plush,” to the TJ’s interior without being downright overdone and/or tacky. (Its why I kept my stockers unmolested.)
65955125-CED5-4EF4-AD28-EE3A4FBBC715.jpeg
533563D3-759F-4445-B09F-77EED0CCD23C.jpeg
F6BB5DCD-DB80-4D53-ADC8-AD2E4A6050CA.jpeg
C3781A54-6E72-40D1-9747-A920150EE9DD.jpeg

I pirchased some new a-pillars a year or two ago just to see what my interior guy could do. Had them wrapped in the finest Alcantara I could find commercially.

i think it adds just a hint of, “plush,” to the TJ’s interior without being downright overdone and/or tacky. (Its why I kept my stockers unmolested.)
View attachment 120592View attachment 120591View attachment 120589View attachment 120588
He is very good at what he does. Getting those pieces patterned to sew together and then getting that stitch line that straight is the mark of a very talented craftsman. What you don't see is the skived seam on the back side so that seam will lay in there that flat and not show on either side of the stitch line as a bump. Nice work.

Reactions: twistedlv
I've thought about trying something like that to address the infamous door panel cracks. Very nice work.

View attachment 120592View attachment 120591View attachment 120589View attachment 120588
Anything else done to the interior?
Pics of these installed?

Been researching yjs and the yj doesn’t have that full plastic panel and the actual inner door skin cracks around the same place. Weird.
Yep pretty common to see on YJs. Crazy that it carries over to the TJ as well. Guess the design of the door didnt change much. Hate the flipped paddles on the TJ though. The YJ paddle flipped was better IMO.

Anything else done to the interior?
Pics of these installed?
The only other interior project that I currently have ongoing is the sun visor re wraps. I tried peeling the airbag/warning stickers off one of my visors and found that it left a glue residue that I cant seem to gat off.

So Im having them redone in genuine leather. Nothing fancy.