LED Headlights are pretty damn bright!

Osprey Production

Considering the stock headlights on my 06 TJ were terrible I though that I'd give these new LED headlights a shot. I was amazed at how much brighter they were than the stock lights. They are daylight in color and seem to make any reflective sign or reflective lines much brighter as well. I did have to adjust the beam a little lower on the road so they didn't blind oncoming drivers. The high beams are insane too. There may be better lights out there but these are definitely worth the money.

Here's a link to them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LA84TRU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

IMG_5357.JPG
IMG_5356.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LA84TRU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
Looks great!

One thing I will say for sure, is that even a good flashlight would be an improvement over the piss poor stock headlights. They are some of the worst of the worst as far as stock headlights go. I remember when I first switched to LED headlights, I was blown away by the difference they made at night. Night and day is an understatement!

Reactions: derekmac
about a month after getting my jeep, I switched to the knock off speaker lights. I was absolutely blown away. being knock offs, I was expecting an improvement, but not near as much as it turned out to be. I drive a lot on completely unlit roads, and I realized how bad the stock headlights were, but I'm pretty sure I get more light from the led low beams than I did from the stock high beams

Considering the stock headlights on my 06 TJ were terrible I though that I'd give these new LED headlights a shot. I was amazed at how much brighter they were than the stock lights. They are daylight in color and seem to make any reflective sign or reflective lines much brighter as well. I did have to adjust the beam a little lower on the road so they didn't blind oncoming drivers. The high beams are insane too. There may be better lights out there but these are definitely worth the money.

Here's a link to them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LA84TRU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

View attachment 27051View attachment 27050

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LA84TRU/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I got these same ones shortly after I bought my jeep last year. What an improvement.
I know they aren't the quality of the Truck Lites or the other more expensive ones, but for the money, I figured I'd give 'em a shot.
Had them for a year now and they are still working great.

Any LED headlight would be an improvement over the stock headlights. The nuances of the light are in the wavelength and color temp. LED's have a tendency to wash out certain colors. They can also put a strain on your eyes over time. Thoughts?

Any LED headlight would be an improvement over the stock headlights. The nuances of the light are in the wavelength and color temp. LED's have a tendency to wash out certain colors. They can also put a strain on your eyes over time. Thoughts?
I can't speak for long distance trips but I drive a lot at night, not uncommon for 1-2 hour trips.... I haven't noticed any physical pain, eye fatigue, anything like that. maybe it's just the fact that I'm not doing long distance trips but as of now I haven't encountered that yet

I can't speak for long distance trips but I drive a lot at night, not uncommon for 1-2 hour trips.... I haven't noticed any physical pain, eye fatigue, anything like that. maybe it's just the fact that I'm not doing long distance trips but as of now I haven't encountered that yet

Well, that's good to hear. Keep us posted

The nuances of the light are in the wavelength and color temp. LED's have a tendency to wash out certain colors.
While I don't have LED headlights, I USED to have LED spots and a bar on the Muddog. I had the same results as Bob has.
I describe it as looking like an overexposed picture, or the contrast being up too high on a T.V.
I am currently running Bus Depot headlights, (Cibie Z Beam copy), with 100/90 watt bulbs as headlights. I also have Hella 550 white fogs and four Rampage driving lights, and in various combinations i DON't have a problem seeing at night on the blackest of roads.

My 06 has Truck-lite, and I do a lot of trips back and forth from Colorado to California, mostly night driving. I haven't noticed any eye fatigue, other than the normal from long hours. The vision improvement is remarkable compared to stock. At first it was a little like CJ Roberts described, over exposed, but a few days later I was used to the lighting change. I love the way the lighting spreads out to the sides. This alone has saved a few fair sized animals the agony of my front bumper.......as well as my TJ...

My lights are not heated, and so far there haven't been any problems with the snow and ice on the trips, nor here at home with the recent snow, cold temps, and road pooh the DOT puts down.
Ray