LED taillights and flasher relay click

D.Savage

I installed led tailights and flasher on my 04 TJ and for a while everything was great. Then the flasher would click continuously just driving down the road.
Here's my update one the problem...I replaced the rear taillight units with ones from Pilot which have provisions inside to burn off the excess voltage. We still have the flasher click going down the road. SO I am lost !!!!!!

I installed led tailights and flasher on my 04 TJ and for a while everything was great. Then the flasher would click continuously just driving down the road.
Here's my update one the problem...I replaced the rear taillight units with ones from Pilot which have provisions inside to burn off the excess voltage. We still have the flasher click going down the road. SO I am lost !!!!!!

When you turn your hazards on does it blow the fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone chimes in. I have a similar problem, my flasher will click 3 or 4 times after I make the turn but if I turn my hazards on the fuse blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried putting your stock flasher back in to see if it clicks?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Try putting the stock flasher back in to see if that fixes the issue.

I have communicated with the mfg of the led flasher and he said after the signal has switched off there will be several clicks before the flasher burns off the excess voltage. After a while mine will continue to click which is very annoying not to mention it can't be good for the system.

I have communicated with the mfg of the led flasher and he said after the signal has switched off there will be several clicks before the flasher burns off the excess voltage. After a while mine will continue to click which is very annoying not to mention it can't be good for the system.
Sounds like the only thing you haven't tried is a new led type flasher?

Hmm I went with a gold coast one and had 0 issues. Unfortunately they are slightly out of business. Shows you how far makeing a quality product and charging just a bit more for it gets you.

Do you have Leds front and rear?

Reactions: Dawghouse
Hmm I went with a gold coast one and had 0 issues. Unfortunately they are slightly out of business. Shows you how far makeing a quality product and charging just a bit more for it gets you.

Do you have Leds front and rear?

I have the same one with no issues.

Well here is the latest update. After some research we found that some people were having the same issue after the their interior had gotten wet. Found that the signal switch may have been the problem. To my knowledge mine has never been wet but I was desperate so I replaced the signal switch. So far the issue seems to be gone. Will keep this forum posted.