LED's with color changes made by end user

mots

Goldilocks Jeep Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I saw a red JKU today with LED's something similar to below. The outer ring was pink as below and the inner portion was a solid a reddish orange :confused:. Horrible clash with the red paint and two non-complementary LED colors. These things can't be legal or functional. I feel there could be a crackdown at some point with the road starting to be full of these types of items, and even casual soccer moms are buying them on Prime, lol. Do the colored lights at least cease to work at night and change back to regular properly colored headlights? (seemingly a good idea, and to be legal in most states I would think).

When I picked out my LEDs (Truck Lite clones), I selected them partly because they kind of look stock from a distance, and if one doesn't agree with that statement at least they look "normal" and have normal colors. Much more along the line for my kind of kind of resto-mod.

XK042005-KIT-5.jpg

Yeah, I just shook my head when I saw those on a nice $40,000+ vehicle. Even if just used as DRL, I wouldn’t think some colors would be legal for headlights, like red for example.

Yeah, I just shook my head when I saw those on a nice $40,000+ vehicle. Even if just used as DRL, I wouldn’t think some colors would be legal for headlights, like red for example.

It always makes me laugh when I see a $40,000 Wrangler with $100 headlights. I’m with you on that one.

Red and blue could get you in big trouble for impersonating an emergency vehicle.

It always makes me laugh when I see a $40,000 Wrangler with $100 headlights. I’m with you on that one.

Red and blue could get you in big trouble for impersonating an emergency vehicle.

I agree with you Chris no one should have to pay as much as $100. for something as simple as headlights.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk