Let my mistake be a guide for Jeep buyers!

Wow...this is crazy pertinent to me right now. I went looking at a Jeep over holiday weekend and I couldn't pull funds because of the holiday. The Jeep I looked at is perfect in almost every way...including a Dana 44 rear end. The engine has 180k miles and does have a decent tick/knock which scared me away. I offered him 8500 banking on the fact that I may have to replace the motor down the road. He's holding tight at 9,500 which isn't awful but still more than I want to spend.
Price is $3,000 too high where I live.

Reactions: Jamesval035
Glad to hear it worked out and seems the seller was more than reasonable.
Do agree with other poster who mentioned he likely knew more about the issue. Not sure how else you sign it over without full payment

First warning was Dana 44 axles with 37s and 4.88 gears.
Among many other reasons the Dana 44’s were why I was so interested in it and ended up buying it. I’d prefer not the 37’s and as soon as they wear out I’ll be downgrading to 35’s until it’s build properly for 37’s.

Finally got it home!! Went down to NC again on Saturday and met up with the guys at the shop. They were just finishing it up and they were very very nice and hospitable, one of the guys just casually showed me around the whole shop and all the cool stuff they have and even bought me a coffee lol. They ended up putting on a new water pump, new radiator, and some other odds and ends. Runs amazingly and had no issues on the 650 miles trip home, with really only gas and stretching breaks. $2300 for the engine/parts/labor, all in all, including travel expenses, $11,300, not too shabby!

47B2D69B-4FFA-4771-B5B2-BC92DF251B6B.jpeg

F65801C8-95C6-4AF6-9DB3-609C54B0CC1C.jpeg

AE1894AA-FA43-4C2F-80BB-7D403E057BDE.jpeg

9B77FB41-105C-47DD-A578-2808EC8AA1F9.jpeg

A7135D2A-F2E9-4E73-BF1B-FE3CC350D93C.jpeg

Looking good!

600+ miles tip without a fuel cap? Check engine light show up for you?
Hah...thankfully no! I got gas coming into my city at 3am after traveling/being up for 22hrs to get this this thing home and I know I took it off to get gas...must’ve not put it back on(it was also like 12 degrees out lol). Surprisingly no light came on and only noticed when I took these pics the next day and went to the store to get a new one haha. Whoopsie

Both my parents graduated from Oswego! Rudy’s was a go to spot for us every year growing up.

Nice! Yeah pretty much the condition of my new one, if it’s a original pet it’s got some rust starting but most things are now on it so I’m not worried one bit! Definitely going to get it fluid filmed though.

if you still live in NY and eventually do get another rig, I’d suggest trailering it or getting it trucked lol...this whole going to get it states away is a huge hassle
Wait, Rudy’s is the shit! I go for tail w cheese and fried clams. Yummm!