Let's hear your best driving stories

97’ 4banger

Here is the perfect place to tell all of your best driving stories! I know that everybody has had something interesting happen to them on the road. Let’s hear it!

I’ll start with this:
Once me and my dad were on a road trip about 8 years ago. We were going from Minnesota to Toledo, Ohio. One of my brothers at the time was living in Wisconsin and he decided to come along with us. We picked him up, drove for a couple hours, and then decided that it was his turn to drive. Our car for the trip was a manual Chevrolet Cruze. When he got in the drivers seat he then decided to tell us that he had never driven a manual before, so we explained to him how it worked. He starts the car up, and stalls. He tries again, and stalls. He tries again, and stalls. Now at this point an elderly couple comes out of the rest stop with their lunch and begins to eat. It wasn’t long before they noticed what was going on and they begin to watch. My brother kept stalling and stalling. Every time he stalled the couple laughed louder and louder. He tried for about 20 minutes until he finally got it going. We gave him a hard time the rest of the trip. Almost every stop sign and street light he came to that day, he stalled on, but he eventually got the hang of it. Today, years later, that car is gone, the couple is probably dead, and my brother now drives a manual. He says that he won’t go back to auto.