Let's see photos without the sport bar pads

Free country and yeah, looks cool and old school, but I will point out, it freaking hurts to hammer your skull on the bar.

I’m not proud of how I drove my CJ back in college camping and hunting and partying, but I do know that multiple guys were about out when they hit their head, sometimes just leaning forward.

Daughters banging skulls on unpadded bars may not make momma happy, doesn’t around here, ha.

If you zoom in on my b pillar you can see I lost the tape right at the seat belt but it’s hard to see the tape by the harness bar and the one at the top bend

View attachment 195940

Yep, it blends in nicely with the black raptor liner. You're right, the sunshade also does a good job of hiding the wiring. I think this will work out nicely since mine will look almost identical.

I am thinking about taking mine off. All they ever do is get faded and look dingy. I would love to see photos of TJs without the sport bar pads.
I am running a best top soft top and decided to take my pads off. I looks sweet but it began to scratch the painting off on the back where the bar for the top goes across. Just thought I’d add my experience.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Chris
I am running a best top soft top and decided to take my pads off. I looks sweet but it began to scratch the painting off on the back where the bar for the top goes across. Just thought I’d add my experience.

I'll keep an eye out for that. I removed the sports bar pads yesterday and plan to have bed liner applied this coming week. I definitely like the look better, that's for sure.

Reactions: Logan21
clearly the padding doesn't actually make the bar any thicker, but it gives a thicker look which I like. The naked bar looks a little scrawny to me. Maybe because I'm used to seeing them with the padding.

That said, I agree the padding does get dingy looking over time. I might be interested in some that were less porous and could be wiped down. As they are, they're just fabric that isn't conveniently vacuumed.

I am new to this forum and just snooping around. I came across this photo (the red one) and love the
way it looks. The stance, the appropriate height, the perfect tire size. That is what i aspire mine to end
up like. Was hoping we could chat and maybe i could pick your brain on what it took to achieve that
result and what you used as modifications....Thank

clearly the padding doesn't actually make the bar any thicker, but it gives a thicker look which I like. The naked bar looks a little scrawny to me. Maybe because I'm used to seeing them with the padding.

That said, I agree the padding does get dingy looking over time. I might be interested in some that were less porous and could be wiped down. As they are, they're just fabric that isn't conveniently vacuumed.
Home Depot has colored rope that can be wrapped around the roll bars. That would soften the head knocks a bit and you would would have plenty of rope handy for emergencies. When it gets dingy looking, replace it with new rope.

Everbilt 3/8 in. x 100 ft. Assorted Colors Polypropylene Diamond Braid Rope-14156 - The Home Depot