Let's see your AR-15 / AR-10 rifles

Jigged, and ready to be rigged! ;) I've got some cosmetic bits for it that aren't in the picture also... Palmetto State Arms 5.56 ar15 goodness.
I just need to stop being lazy and get a router.
IMG_20170106_161954.jpg

Reactions: Serbonze
If we are including 9mm variants, I've got one of those too. Angstadt Arms UDP-9 (uses Glock magazines). I still have some more testing to do before I commit to SBRing it.
View attachment 8947

Very cool! So this is sort of like an MP5 in the sense that it shoots pistol rounds?

I've been wanting to buy an MP5 for a while, but I'm not sure if that's the best choice for a "sub machine gun" type weapon.

Very cool! So this is sort of like an MP5 in the sense that it shoots pistol rounds?

I've been wanting to buy an MP5 for a while, but I'm not sure if that's the best choice for a "sub machine gun" type weapon.

Just because it's not a .45 doesn't mean it's not a good sub machine gun!

The MP5 is a superb weapon.

Reactions: Chris
Just because it's not a .45 doesn't mean it's not a good sub machine gun!

The MP5 is a superb weapon.

Oh no, I'm not discrediting the MP5, I know it's an excellent weapon, otherwise law enforcement and other agencies wouldn't use them! I just didn't know if there was a better option.

Oh no, I'm not discrediting the MP5, I know it's an excellent weapon, otherwise law enforcement and other agencies wouldn't use them! I just didn't know if there was a better option.

What about an M1A1 Thompson?

I remember seeing a documentary where an officer preferred the .45 cartridge, so he opted for a Thompson instead of a shotgun in the gun rack!

What about an M1A1 Thompson?

I remember seeing a documentary where an officer preferred the .45 cartridge, so he opted for a Thompson instead of a shotgun in the gun rack!

I'll check it out... but I need to curb my gun buying addiction lately, haha!

That's true. If you acquire all your guns over time, it'll give you something to look forward to!

You can help the itch though by buying ammo! It helps me..!

That's what I've been doing... stocking up on the ammo! Haha

Is that a directive from your wife :)

Surprisingly she doesn't seem to mind. In fact, just the other day she suggested I teach our 4 year old daughter to shoot. I said not a bad idea, I'll get her a nice little .22 and that would be great to learn on.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
That's what I've been doing... stocking up on the ammo! Haha

Surprisingly she doesn't seem to mind. In fact, just the other day she suggested I teach our 4 year old daughter to shoot. I said not a bad idea, I'll get her a nice little .22 and that would be great to learn on.

your wife sounds like a keeper. Lets you have a TJ...check, wants you to buy a 4Runner...check, likes guns....check. If she drinks beer, put her up on a pedestal and worship her.

your wife sounds like a keeper. Lets you have a TJ...check, wants you to buy a 4Runner...check, likes guns....check. If she drinks beer, put her up on a pedestal and worship her.

Haha, I think she just kind of rolls with it. Like she knows that I wouldn't choose anything stupid (whether it be a car, gun, etc.), so she just sort of let's me have free reign.

Cars for instance: she would never tell me we need to get _________ kind of car, because she knows zero about cars whatsoever, and she knows I wouldn't choose something shitty since I've been a car person my whole life.

Reactions: Kyle_W and UpperMI
Spray some test pieces first to make sure you are happy with the color. I want you to know though, it's in no way as tough or durable as cerakote. My suggestion. Is cerakote over any type of "paint", but if you wanted to spray accessories this epoxy based stuff is what to use.

I've been buying all my accessories (i.e. Magpul buttstock, Trikicon ACOG, etc.) in the FDE color, so I don't think I'll realistically need to spray paint anything at all. Looks like I might just be able to strip the rifle down and take it into a local place I found that does this Cerakote. I could have them match the FDE color to the accessories and be good to go!

However, I totally see what you're saying about spray paint.

Correct, but it uses all AR-15 accessories and the manual of arms is the same.

Speaking of MP5s....

View attachment 8970

The control and accuracy of the MP5, along with the ability to use the same ammunition as magazines is what started me looking at 9mm ARs. There is virtually no recoil, so multiple shots in target is very easy.

I gotcha. So you can use all the AR accessories on this thing, whereas an MP5 I assume you'd have to have MP5 specific accessories?

Pretty cool about no recoil. I've never fired an MP5 so I don't know how those things are in regards to recoil.

IMG_0990.JPG

This is without my primary arms scope. This is an aero precision upper and lower with magpul furniture and bcm charging handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk