Letz Roll weld-on rock sliders

Mud dauber

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey,

I did a search on the forum for these with no results. https://letzrolloffroad.com/product/sliders/

They weld to the frame. I am not sure this is a good idea they are 100.00 less than the popular GENRIGHT boat sliders.
What do you think about these? Is anybody running them? They look nice to me but landing on these welded to the frame might not end well.

Let somebody with more experience then me carry the day-

Welding on conventional nerf bars is a good option- So welding these on does not seem terrible but I wonder about the fit and stuff accumulating and flex and creating rust

Reactions: Mud dauber
From the manufacturer, these weld on in three spots on the frame and prevents using a long arm kit that welds to the frame. Good looking otherwise but still not sold on welding this to a frame.

I would just spend the $100 extra for the GR.

It's a long lever arm from the outer rail to the frame, and it's gotta be really freaking strong to not deflect at all if you drop it on a rock...and if it deflects up into the tub then what's the point?

I know most other vehicles use frame attachments exclusively, but I don't think it's a case if being better so much as it's the best they can do without a nice big flat spot under the door to attach them to.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I wonder how they came to this conclusion. :unsure:
These weld on sliders are the tightest fitting, strongest sliders on the market.

Reactions: Ir0nH3@d
Hey,

I did a search on the forum for these with no results. https://letzrolloffroad.com/product/sliders/

They weld to the frame. I am not sure this is a good idea they are 100.00 less than the popular GENRIGHT boat sliders.
What do you think about these? Is anybody running them? They look nice to me but landing on these welded to the frame might not end well.

The point of the slider is to tie it to the tub so there’s no movement between the two. So no. That’s a terrible investment. Hard to believe they charge $995 for some steel that the consumer has to then weld on.

Hey,

Anyone interested in mini boatsides would not be giving frame welded sliders any consideration.

He isn't looking at the mini boatsides, he is looking for boat sliders. He found them.

5845-CE-SMITH-MULTI-SPORT-TRAILER-DIY-KIT.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
From my understanding tub mounted, if able to, will be the best as it’s the highest clearance ( it’s literally on the tub so no more space is really added or you can do mini boat sides which even help clearance over stock) and often the strongest as it can use many smaller mounting points to spread the load out more effectively. I think frame mounted is only popular on rigs that do not have sufficient tub space to mount for the load to be spread out and supported effectively. Tjs have plenty of tub space to be supported effectively so I see no reason to go with a less clearance and not as well supported option that is still almost as much as the best sliders available.

From my understanding tub mounted, if able to, will be the best as it’s the highest clearance ( it’s literally on the tub so no more space is really added or you can do mini boat sides which even help clearance over stock) and often the strongest as it can use many smaller mounting points to spread the load out more effectively. I think frame mounted is only popular on rigs that do not have sufficient tub space to mount for the load to be spread out and supported effectively. Tjs have plenty of tub space to be supported effectively so I see no reason to go with a less clearance and not as well supported option that is still almost as much as the best sliders available.

Sorta, but not really. There are large amounts of clearance differences between tub mounted sliders. Some like the Savvy versions angle from the lower corner of the tub to the outer edge of the torque box before turning to flat to mount to the torque box. Others like the Metal Cloak stuff actually hang below the edge of the tub and are at least 1.25" lower at that point than a high clearance non boatside.

Yeah. And I'm not sure tight fitting is always ideal in this case, as less deflection is required to make them touch the tub...

If you've worked on a few rigs that were worked pretty hard on the rough stuff, it is very easy to note the frame mounts have rolled the frame outward at the top. It isn't as robust as we'd like it to be and twists fairly easily. It would need a couple of cross members at the top of the frame going right through the bellhousing and t-case to stop that nonsense.

If you've worked on a few rigs that were worked pretty hard on the rough stuff, it is very easy to note the frame mounts have rolled the frame outward at the top. It isn't as robust as we'd like it to be and twists fairly easily. It would need a couple of cross members at the top of the frame going right through the bellhousing and t-case to stop that nonsense.

How do the best slider designs for JK's and JL's handle this issue, since they don't have a tub that's conducive to a tub mount slider the way ours is?

Reactions: The4bangertj
Thread hijack:
Can someone tell me what material and thickness the (Savvy) backing plates are made of?
The ones inside the tub.

Sorta, but not really. There are large amounts of clearance differences between tub mounted sliders. Some like the Savvy versions angle from the lower corner of the tub to the outer edge of the torque box before turning to flat to mount to the torque box. Others like the Metal Joke stuff actually hang below the edge of the tub and are at least 1.25" lower at that point than a high clearance non boatside.

FIFY.