Leveled and 32s with H&R springs and Bilstein 5100s

waoracing

After a ton of research I have finally accomplished what I wanted! I wanted to level my Jeep without using a puck lift and accommodate 32” tires. Using H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks I was able to level my 2004 Rubicon. Had some 265/75R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires installed last week on stock Moab wheels. It rides awesome both on and off road and doesn’t rub. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Images are both after the shocks and springs were installed and simply show the old vs. new tires.

3E838878-A229-4276-BB93-20BD4D7A2E70.jpeg

51701A0B-9020-4D5B-BF4F-56029AFA3C98.jpeg

After a ton of research I have finally accomplished what I wanted! I wanted to level my Jeep without using a puck lift and accommodate 32” tires. Using H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks I was able to level my 2004 Rubicon. Had some 265/75R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires installed last week on stock Moab wheels. It rides awesome both on and off road and doesn’t rub. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Images are both after the shocks and springs were installed and simply show the old vs. new tires.

View attachment 142376

Looks good! I’m going for the same look

Hi, I`m going for the same setup, did you added any bumpstop? I also have a 1"BL (in prep for a future tummy tuck), so I`m clear off the fender...

I have not added any bump stop yet. I may have to if I add sway bar disconnects. So far so good. I did have to put a washer on the steering stops to prevent a little rub at full lock. It doesn’t appear to reduce my steering any at all but I completely stopped the rub. I love the setup today as much as i did when I put it on and it handles the mountain trails here in western NC just fine.

Reactions: Ephry73
I had the Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires fitted last week, they ride really nice and are pretty quiet on the road.

View attachment 142376

View attachment 142377
Nice! So, how did you level it? Did the H&R springs do that themselves, unlike the stock springs our TJs come with?

It looks great! I have the same setup with 31 x 10.5s. Really no rub concerns? Two washers on the steering stops for me due to lower control arm rubbing with mine..

I will say that for future folks reading this- I think the rear is a bit lower with a hardtop and gear. I’ll probably add 3/4” spacers once my rack and stuff are on- as I’ve seen suggested a few times.

Last edited:
It looks great! I have the same setup with 31 x 10.5s. Really no rub concerns? Two washers on the steering stops for me due to lower control arm rubbing with mine..

I will say that for future folks reading this- I think the rear is a bit lower with a hardtop and gear. I’ll probably add 3/4” spacers once my rack and stuff are on- as I’ve seen suggested a few times.
Thanks! I’m very happy with this setup for my needs. No rubs once I put the washers on. I’ve twisted it up pretty good on a few trails and working on stuff around our place and it hasn’t rubbed. I’m not running any disconnects on the sway bar. It may rub then.

I will say that for future folks reading this- I think the rear is a bit lower with a hardtop and gear. I’ll probably add 3/4” spacers once my rack and stuff are on- as I’ve seen suggested a few times
Thanks! No rubbing issues. I did have them until I put the washers on. Stance did change very slightly when I put the hardtop on for winter. I typically just keep recovery gear and stuff for working around our land in the back so it stays pretty even but no rubs.

Thanks! I’m very happy with this setup for my needs. No rubs once I put the washers on. I’ve twisted it up pretty good on a few trails and working on stuff around our place and it hasn’t rubbed. I’m not running any disconnects on the sway bar. It may rub then. I do know there are a lot of variances between tires sizes from company to company. The Falken I’m running now works great but I’d be curious if I got the “same” size from a different manufacturer it I would have the same results.

Thanks! I’m very happy with this setup for my needs. No rubs once I put the washers on. I’ve twisted it up pretty good on a few trails and working on stuff around our place and it hasn’t rubbed. I’m not running any disconnects on the sway bar. It may rub then. I do know there are a lot of variances between tires sizes from company to company. The Falken I’m running now works great but I’d be curious if I got the “same” size from a different manufacturer it I would have the same results.
Thanks for following up. I started my TJ research with old threads so I love when there's a lot of information!

My light googling shows your Falkens are 31.7" actual diameter. I'm running Cooper AT3s in 31x10.5, which are only 30.2" tall. They were brand new on my rig when I bought it or I'd have gone with something closer to your height. Making a mental note that I can grab some additional clearance when the time comes.. The H&R 52107 kit is the same I used — advertised as 1" lift over stock, which must be accomplished by spring rate because they're the same physical size.

Honestly, I got so deep into parts and labor once I started looking at 3"+ lifts that I started eyeballing newer jeeps just to make the investment make sense over time. This is a great compromise setup for <$500 total. It's cheap enough that if you did decide to go all-in on a large lift and related components, you don't have to feel guilty for spending twice.

Super clean ride, enjoy!