Lift kit recommendation

JWjeepSask

TJ Enthusiast
Alright so I finally broke down and said screw it I'm not keeping my TJ stock anymore, my first order of business is a lift kit. I'm not going to be doing any hard wheeling, I'll just stick to dirt roads, mudholes creeks etc so nothing fancy with lots of flex (but nothing basic either). Basically the kind I'm looking for is a overlander lift kit (if that's even the proper term). I already know to stay away from dreaded rough country, what others should I say away from? Which ones are the best for my situation? My budget is roughly $800. If anybody's needs to ask anymore questions to get me the perfect match ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OME 2.0" Suspension Lift. This is the heavy kit. Springs should be #2933 and 2944. They are labeled A and B. You will get 2.5" of lift out of them, as everyone here will attest. I love mine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P9JY0E/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It's not to crazy, and you will be able to do all the things you listed with no problem...

The Aussie's know how to tame wash board roads, so this lift kit should fit the bill for an overlander type build. Throw some 31" all terrains on and go exploring brah!

The Aussie's know how to tame wash board roads, so this lift kit should fit the bill for an overlander type build. Throw some 31" all terrains on and go exploring brah!
I did exactly that and love it! ProComp springs and Fox shocks and 31" All Terrains. From stock.
415322c68666806f1e00a029bcf8779b.jpg
125064ec5331cbfe7846b43f57fa0f4e.jpg

OME 2.0" Suspension Lift. This is the heavy kit. Springs should be #2933 and 2944. They are labeled A and B. You will get 2.5" of lift out of them, as everyone here will attest. I love mine

It's not to crazy, and you will be able to do all the things you listed with no problem...
X2. I just put the OME 2" lift on my stock TJ. Can't believe the improvement in ride. Definitely got 2.5" out of it. Currently on 31x10.50s but will be moving to BFG KO2 32x11.50s later this week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So where can I buy the OME kit? A jeep dealership? Me and amazon don't get along so well cause most of there stuff does not ship to Canada and Canadian amazon is garbage

X2. I just put the OME 2" lift on my stock TJ. Can't believe the improvement in ride. Definitely got 2.5" out of it. Currently on 31x10.50s but will be moving to BFG KO2 32x11.50s later this week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Wanna see pics with the 32's!

As suggested by SolarCool, Dirk is a wealth of info. Give the guy a ring. He'll settle any questions or concerns you may have and can set you up w a complete kit. Very nice guy too.

I personally bought a 3" lift (Zone) and I've been very happy w it. Not from Dirk, btw.
I do simple trails and lots of highway. End of the day, I didn't just want 2" or 2.5" of lift. I really wanted 3+ (most jeeps sit higher @initial install) because a body lift I wanted to wait on. And as of now, I have no need for one.

Reactions: SolarCool TJ
There's nothing I recommend more than the OME 2.5" lift:

The best budget lift you'll ever find. Rides better than stock, top quality components, and you won't have to do control arms or anything else that you would with a larger lift.

I've run this lift personally and have heaps of praise for it.

I priced out the OME and it came out to roughly $1800... that's just a bit over my price range...