Lift questions for 99 TJ

Charline94

Hi, I just ordered a rc 2.5 lift with shocks and springs. Do I need longer sway bar links, control arms, track bars etc. ? My goal is to start rock crawling, I’m new to all of this and I’m really trying lol.

Reactions: P man
Hi, I just ordered a rc 2.5 lift with shocks and springs. Do I need longer sway bar links, control arms, track bars etc. ? My goal is to start rock crawling, I’m new to all of this and I’m really trying lol.

Welcome to the forum. You will need sway bar link extensions. You should NOT need new control arms. The track bars can go either way. Some people run stock and deal with the differential no longer being centered and some would buy adjustable track bars.

Just FYI if you get serious into offloading you will outgrow that 2.5 RC lift fairly fast

Reactions: Rickyd
Welcome to the forum. You will need sway bar link extensions. You should NOT need new control arms. The track bars can go either way. Some people run stock and deal with the differential no longer being centered and some would buy adjustable track bars.

Just FYI if you get serious into offloading you will outgrow that 2.5 RC lift fairly fast

Okay so what size would I get for the sway bars and track bar. I’m sorry again I’m new to all of this I’ve went with people but I want to do it on my own. And I could see myself wanting a bigger lift when I get more time under my belt. lol I had a yj but couldn’t figure out how to get any flex. So I moved on from her and was set on a tj.

Okay so what size would I get for the sway bars and track bar. I’m sorry again I’m new to all of this I’ve went with people but I want to do it on my own. And I could see myself wanting a bigger lift when I get more time under my belt. lol I had a yj but couldn’t figure out how to get any flex. So I moved on from her and was set on a tj.

For now just get a set of disconnects that are correct for a 2.5 lift. I have attached a pic of some rough country ones but any brand will do. If it were me and I was just getting my feet wet I wouldn't spend anything on track bars and just deal with the offset diff as it doesn't hurt anything.

Screenshot_20240327_125134_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Just for clarity sake..the reason I am ok with RC lift is because you are new. I hate to see someone spend 10k on a proper lift/wheels/tires etc and then hate it and lose their ass when they sell. Better to start small and see if it's for you then grow from there.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Ugh you’re great thank you! And yah I didn’t want to go all out because I know I’m going to end up getting a bigger lift once I get the feel of things.

Reactions: P man