Lifted or Stock?

mbloom

Looking to replace the front brake hoses and always assumed the Jeep was lifted 2" (bought it used). I found a table that listed the coil spring length as a guide to lift height. Per the table my 12" coil is stock height. I've included a photo of the coil and the Jeep. Is it stock? Tire size is 30x9 50R15LT if that factors in.

Thanks

20180908_140912.jpg 20180908_141019.jpg

I’m no expert, but I’d be worried about that bottom shock/spring mount failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jeep spent its life in the northeast, thus the rust. There are things I am hesitant to do given the rust. Changing the calipers makes me nervous as not sure where I may get stuck on bolts. I bought a MAP has torch as my propane isnt hot enough when it comes to heating bolts. Would love to replace who assembles to eliminate spots like the one pictured.

Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Jeep is not a daily driver, but rather a weekend ride and not for off roading . I've had it two years and it has been pretty reliable for 181K miles. I am not looking to dump a lot of money into it, but safety does matter. Strong engine, smooth shifting, solid frame and limited body rust. Too much fun to sell...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m glad you’re enjoying your TJ. A lot of people on the forum are from areas that don’t have to deal with rust issues but you’re not alone. The rust issue is a constant fight and I’m trying to catch up now myself. That’s TJ life in the Northeast. Take care.