Line-X on your Jeep

Tycarver

TJ Enthusiast
My paint is decently messed up and I have been juggling the idea in my head of having it line-x instead of paint (little more but it’s gonna last forever and just pressure wash it clean!) wanted to hear y’all’s thoughts and see if anyone has had it done.

You can also find plenty of pics online on Jeeps sprayed with bedliner (may not necessarily be Line-X). You can also talk to whoever is spraying it about the texture. Doesn't always have to be that typical mottled bedliner texture you see. That would hold a lot of dirt in it.

Youre probably better off just building a tube buggy than bed lining your jeep.

Way I see it, bedliner looks like shit and is difficult to clean. Although durable, when it does get scratched it will behave like powder coating. Rust will spread underneath the bedliner and you wont see it until its cancerous.

I'd recommend using plain old rustoleum or a urethane coating if you're looking for something more durable.

The fact that rustoleum will flake off when rust forms under it is a positive imo.

Reactions: TheGanzman
Youre probably better off just building a tube buggy than bed lining your jeep.

Way I see it, bedliner looks like shit and is difficult to clean. Although durable, when it does get scratched it will behave like powder coating. Rust will spread underneath the bedliner and you wont see it until its cancerous.

I'd recommend using plain old rustoleum or a urethane coating if you're looking for something more durable.

The fact that rustoleum will flake off when rust forms under it is a positive imo.
I have seen some line-x jobs that look like shit and some that the bumps are not near as aggressive and look really good. Kinda trying to figure out what decides how it looks.

To each his own. I wasn’t about to spend well over $1000 for a professional paint job, so I did mine with raptor, inside and out. Custom tinted and did a tri-tone scheme. Grey and red for the body, and standard black for the trim pieces. Mine is a daily driver, and the hood, cowl, and windshield had lost almost all clear coat. Also had the typical rust holes in my fender a that I repaired. The raptor is much more forgiving for an amateur job. Covered all the imperfections in my bondo work and all the scratches from sanding. I have no regrets.

I also purchased the adjustable gun from raptor so that I could get a finer texture.

7BD6AEBE-91DD-4AF6-B1E0-A388679B47EB.jpeg

18E87519-70EE-4BE9-A32D-A55757B5B431.jpeg

F9505EC3-0FF0-496D-B153-CF009FFB8A06.jpeg

C02F36FF-C660-409B-8B78-282E9932D072.jpeg

DCB5A76A-2243-4C23-A823-A63676A0A41C.jpeg

Reactions: Feralkid
Fair warning(s): #1). You'd better LOVE-LOVE the look, because once you commit to that sticky SHITE, it will be there FOREVER! Some jack-leg sprayed that in the '69 Bronco that I bought a few years back; I bought it before doing my research on removing it. After doing so, I found out JUST how much $ and time it costs to "make it go away"... #2). Part of me suspects that it may just be a "fad" or a passing fancy. If so, and the time comes when you want to or need to sell your Jeep, you may be proper f*cked! Rant off - can you tell that I HATE-HATE this product(s)?!

Reactions: jjvw