North Carolina List of Carolinian off-roaders

I have a generator if you need an extra. Also have about 5 or so jugs of gas.

Thanks brother. We should be good though.
@BlueC, Some ass hats in Moore county decided to shoot up substations and damaged 2 or 3, causing most of Moore county to be without power. They can’t fix them quickly because they have to order this part or something or another.

Reactions: BlueC
Thanks brother. We should be good though.
@BlueC, Some ass hats in Moore county decided to shoot up substations and damaged 2 or 3, causing most of Moore county to be without power. They can’t fix them quickly because they have to order this part or something or another.

I was reading about that earlier. The news article was making it sound terroristic, but I was reading redneck.

Reactions: Jamesval035
I was reading about that earlier. The news article was making it sound terroristic, but I was reading redneck.

Lol, I had the same mindset. Apparently, experts say they knew what they were shooting at, so not sure. Also heard the domestic terrorist thing get thrown around as well. I guess we’ll see if or when they catch these peeps wha the verdict is.

Lol, I had the same mindset. Apparently, experts say they knew what they were shooting at, so not sure. Also heard the domestic terrorist thing get thrown around as well. I guess we’ll see if or when they catch these peeps wha the verdict is.

I'm thinking there are two options; 1) intentional terrorist attack, maybe like a small test, or 2) mad former employee who knew the equipment. I'm leaning toward #2.

Reactions: Austin O.
Any plans for any of y'all to get to Uwharrie before they close? Little man had enough fun that I caught him telling his grandmother about our trip, so I'm going to squeeze in one more with him. I'll still have to dance around work some, so I don't know which day I can go yet.

I am wanting to go at least once before it closes, since this weekend is the last weekend I'm sure it will be PACKED, wondering if any weekdays will work....

I am wanting to go at least once before it closes, since this weekend is the last weekend I'm sure it will be PACKED, wondering if any weekdays will work....

Personally, I'd prefer a weekday so it's not crowded. I know we have rain in the forecast. I'll have a better idea tomorrow of what I have to do for work this week.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
I wouldn’t mind a weekday but can’t. I’m going to try and go this upcoming sunday

I imagine weekdays are hard for most people. My work schedule makes it easy for me to go on weekdays. I work what my company calls a 3-2-2-3 schedule. (12-hour shifts of 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off) I love it because it feels like you get a lot of time off, but you still get some overtime. The only downside for me is working every other weekend. But to counter that I have a 3 day weekend every other weekend plus days off in the week to schedule whatever appointments I need.

I'm trying to make it happen. Funny thing, last night I was thinking how easy it should be to make it on Tuesday and maybe meet some of y'all. Then this morning, two clients wanted to schedule/reschedule stuff for Tuesday after lunch. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Yup, power was slowly spreading in town to town starting Tuesday and where I live, it was Wednesday.

Good. I didn't know exactly how widespread it was but just wanted to make sure it was up before heading up that way Tuesday.