LJ For Sale - San Antonio, TX

Top dollar but you are paying for a nice build, and by a mechanic even.

If I were looking for a built jeep this one would be nice, wow 37s.

Looks like a nice set up, I'd be interested if I didn't have 2 tjs. :)
Someone here needs to buy it if no rust and no vibes.

Top dollar but you are paying for a nice build, and by a mechanic even.

If I were looking for a built jeep this one would be nice, wow 37s.

Looks like a nice set up, I'd be interested if I didn't have 2 tjs. :)
Someone here needs to buy it if no rust and no vibes.

Ya, this is a nice one--despite the nominal sins of the throttle body spacer, cold air intake and TC drop (I have shared the same sins).

I've been keeping an eye out for a built LJ automatic in my region. I love my 5-speed, and will continue to mod it, until such time that I find the right LJ automatic--at the right time.

I've incurred lots of injuries over the years, due to non-conventional sports which spanned 25 years (one sport of which was violent). Clutching the 5-speed with my left leg (especially in the occasional stop-n-go traffic scenarios - behind accidents), really takes it toll sometimes. With an automatic, I could stick my left boot out the window, push-back in my seat, tilt my hat forward, and listen to some Woody Guthrie, while taking-in the countryside:)

Hardtop to boot. The few sins are easy fixes and common for this area. Nice rig, price not bad at all, regeared already.

I would be cautious. A cold air intake, throttle body spacer and transfer case drop makes me question how well built it is.
How long do you think a Smittybilt rear swing-out tire carrier is going to last with a 37" tire hanging on it?..not long for this world. Have you seen the hinge setup on those?

Reactions: KCsTJ
I would be cautious. A cold air intake, throttle body spacer and transfer case drop makes me question how well built it is.

Don't forget that Shittybilt tire carrier with a 37" tire on it. No way that's going to last long with that massive tire on it.

Those axles also won't be able to handle those 37s with any sort of serious wheeling, and that JCR 1-ton steering has no place whatsoever on a stock Dana 30 axle.

Considering you’d probably get it for $15,800, you could replace those things for very little money, you’re getting an LJ, and you could easily drop to 35’s with the advertised 4.5” of lift, replace a tire carrier. I mean, how much are you going to spend for a stock LJ that you build to 35’s? Try $30K. So it’s easy to hate a rig because of shittybuilt stuff, but in this case, the costs to fix those things are marginal compared to doing it all yourself (supposing that the rig is in good shape otherwise and rust free).

Reactions: b0xcar and tomtaylz
Considering you’d probably get it for $15,800, you could replace those things for very little money, you’re getting an LJ, and you could easily drop to 35’s with the advertised 4.5” of lift, replace a tire carrier. I mean, how much are you going to spend for a stock LJ that you build to 35’s? Try $30K. So it’s easy to hate a rig because of shittybuilt stuff, but in this case, the costs to fix those things are marginal compared to doing it all yourself (supposing that the rig is in good shape otherwise and rust free).
Tons of ppl have shittybuilt stuff on their rigs and they seem fine lol. It’s a good price for how it’s set up. Not my taste tho.

It’s easy to hate a rig because of shittybuilt stuff, but in this case, the costs to fix those things are marginal compared to doing it all yourself (supposing that the rig is in good shape otherwise and rust free).
I have no issue with the SB bumpers as bumpers, I just don't think the tire carrier is up to a 37. Like you said, though, easily fixed.

The collective input on this LJ thus far, is a fine example of why a Jeeper is a fool not to draw upon a resource like this Forum, for input, prior to buying their next Jeep.

The propensity for everyone herein to look at a Jeep "six-ways-to-Sunday," and fire-off a wide spectrum of considerations, has undoubtedly saved endless Jeepers a bunch of grief and heartache.

:thumbsup:

In the case of this LJ; were it an Automatic, I would have already made a B-line to the guy, and would have told him within minutes that "@JMT says you'll give this to me for $15,800.00."

:D

Last edited:
@Jeepers-N-Creepers I believe this may be a little closer to you. This dealer seems to carry a higher price on their TJs.

2006 LJR for 19k with 96k miles

https://www.bigtexautoplex.com/2006-Jeep-Wrangler/Used-SUV/Belton-TX/12089505/Details.aspx

I checked out the '06 LJR yesterday. The guy has about a dozen or so Jeeps on his lot (the lot was closed). Most of the Jeeps are TJ's or LJ's, with a total of 3 LJR's thrown-in--2 of which were 6-Speeds (I'm keeping an eye-out for an Auto).

I believe the LJR-Auto has 96K on it. For the price this guy is asking, and likely ultimately requiring; I thought the cosmetics were disappointing (i.e., some deep scratches in the body, odd discoloration in the top and trim, missing hard-top gasket, etc.). Obviously, none of these things are big issues, and can be fixed. But, for the price he's looking for I'm thinking I can find one in supreme condition, and with little to no cosmetic issues.

Reactions: b0xcar