LJ owners: Who wants a spice soft top?

Count me in for one. Mine came with a khaki one from the factory but wasn’t included when I got it.

I just sent an email to Bestop requesting a response. Their phone customer service has always been great so I'm hopeful I'll get a response from someone there who can help us out. I'll post any updates here.

9E7D6B25-91A2-4FCE-B60B-3D935F3C1D0C.jpeg
They don’t love us.... who wants to call B&D?

• Sad
Reactions: KennedyLJ
I called B-D a couple days ago. They quoted $3250 for a soft top with windows, no hardware.

I’d imagine we could talk them into a group discount, if we could get enough folks to commit to make it worth their while. Pretty expensive though.

they’re mailing me cloth samples of their 4 tan/spice fabric choices.

Wow that’s more expensive than that boutique safari soft top.

And all the company needs to do is put a different color in their jig.

Wow that’s more expensive than that boutique safari soft top.

And all the company needs to do is put a different color in their jig.
Oh, and they’re so far behind, an order now won’t be filled for 6-8 months...

Yea that’s up their with Gr8tops Safari hardtop prices. Starting to think a Khaki hardtop and a pain in the a$$ frameless for summer down the line.

Anyone know what the paint code for Spice would be?
If you mean a paint that would match the Bestop Spice, I think you'd have to go to a paint store and color match.

A Bestop rep told me that all their Spice fabric products end in color code -37.

Reactions: notGreenLJ
I never got the fabric samples from B-D, so I'm going to go by their shop next week and pick them up. Would anyone like samples as well? I'd be willing to mail them to a few of you who would consider the custom option. I know it's expensive, but since my Jeep is nearly always stored in a garage, I'd hope to make the top last a decade (or more).

I visited B-D Co. in person yesterday and learned a lot. First of all, the "sailcloth" our tops are made of are actually vinyl. Sailcloth is just a texture, as is Diamond. The last natural fiber used for Jeep top was denim.

In any case, they have multiple colors available; everyone could pick and choose from the available colors so we don't have to agree on the some color. Likewise people could choose clear or tinted windows. Every 5 years or so a CJ-8 club contacts them and orders a big batch, and we could do the same. We just order simultaneously and they run all the tops in a batch.

As a ballpark, if we ordered ~20 tops altogether, they'd offer a 20% discount. Still expensive but $2600 is more palatable than $3200.

They're having major supply chain problems getting the top material. Current estimate is about 5 months and that may improve as time goes by.

Reactions: MountaineerTom