SOLD LJ Roof Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxCollins

Supporting Member
Price
$200 obo
Defender Roof Rack and Expedition Mount for LJ

The original owner installed this roof rack new in 06. The 2nd owner took it off in 2010 and stored it in his barn for 10 years. Now I'm the 3rd owner and it is stored in my barn. It is taking up too much space and needs to go.

The rack portion is 4' x 5' and all welded, made from 1" 16 gauge tubing. The expedition frame is bolt together, made from 1" 14 gauge tubing. All parts are powder coated but you can see some surface rust on both rack and the frame. I don't see anything deeper than just surface rust/haze; nothing a little sanding and rattle can wouldn't cure

The front mounting brackets use the existing holes in the windshield hinges (no drilling required). The rear mounts do require drilling through the body just above the tail light housings.

I have all of the original mounting hardware and installation instructions. I haven't removed the rear mounts from my LJ yet but they are included

The 4 lights all work and are wired in pairs. I have no idea the brand. Clearly they can use some TLC.

The unit does hinge at the rear to allow installation and removal of your hard top or opening/closing your soft top without completely removing the rack. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it mounted on the jeep.

Local pickup is preferred but I'd be willing to meet you half-way within reason. Shipping is very unlikely due to the size of the rack.

653M.jpg
757M.jpg
158M.jpg024M.jpg927M.jpg934M.jpg
434M.jpg

759M.jpg

Reactions: astjp2
No, sorry, I don't. I've never mounted it. I can get more pics if you'd like a closer look at something but they'll be on the ground. I've already removed the mounts from my LJ.

FYI, I see you are in Dallas area. I'll be up that way end of June and could deliver it if you're not in a hurry.

Neither of us have enough posts for direct messages. Let's see if @Chris will enable that so I can send you my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.