OEM Mopar LJ Roof Rack?

At least on the newer Garvin racks, there are three pairs of brackets you will need.

At the base on each side, there is one bigger bracket that gets sandwiched between the body mount puck and the tub and wraps around the outside of the tub. There is also a small backing bracket that mates on the inside of the tub. At the top of the tub, there is a smaller bracket that has two carriage bolts through the tub and a bolt for the support.

Most of the bolts are carriage bolts, I believe 5/16” or 3/8” depending upon location. Some bolts are regular hex bolts (might be flange bolts).

At least on the newer Garvin racks, there are three pairs of brackets you will need.

At the base on each side, there is one bigger bracket that gets sandwiched between the body mount puck and the tub and wraps around the outside of the tub. There is also a small backing bracket that mates on the inside of the tub. At the top of the tub, there is a smaller bracket that has two carriage bolts through the tub and a bolt for the support.

Most of the bolts are carriage bolts, I believe 5/16” or 3/8” depending upon location. Some bolts are regular hex bolts (might be flange bolts).
Thanks for the info.

I just called Garvin, they sell a TJ/LJ body mount bracket kit for $100 so I went ahead and placed an order.
All said and done I will have $600 in the roof rack, but I may wind up selling the rear bumper accessories to make my money back. (If I don't wind up picking up a rear bumper).

Thanks for the info.

I just called Garvin, they sell a TJ/LJ body mount bracket kit for $100 so I went ahead and placed an order.
All said and done I will have $600 in the roof rack, but I may wind up selling the rear bumper accessories to make my money back. (If I don't wind up picking up a rear bumper).
If you do get a rear bumper, it will be worth it. I've had mine for 10 years and it has never failed me, given me vibration, or shown wear. It's heavy, but built like a brick dunny. And, you'd be buying American.

If you do get a rear bumper, it will be worth it. I've had mine for 10 years and it has never failed me, given me vibration, or shown wear. It's heavy, but built like a brick dunny. And, you'd be buying American.

So I found another listing for what appears to be a Garvin Expedition Bumper (Older Style).

The person listing it says they arent sure what model jeep it goes on. Apparently they bought the house and this was in the basement. Anyway to confirm this is for a TJ?

Screenshot_20210121-113240_Facebook.jpg

received_176766210905797.jpeg

received_692576514752284.jpeg

If you can, get a look at the back side. See how it attaches to the frame. Either way...no reason you couldn't make it work even if it was made for a YJ.

20210121_091923.jpg

20210121_091903.jpg

20210121_091931.jpg

Whatever bumper you get, make sure you use frame brace brackets. Just about every TJ bumper manufacturer offers them.

Otherwise you risk tearing the rear crossmember off of the frame, with the bumper and everything else attached

Good point. The listing says it comes with all "Hardware" but I won't believe it until I see it.

I may have to add frame tie-in Brackets to the order when I give Garvin a call and see if they sell a kit to rebuild the spindle.

It looks like Garvin updated their latching mechanism and sell a retrofit kit for the older bumpers like the one I am looking at.
The older ones appear to have a screw type T handle. Is this something I should look into upgrading?