LJ Rubicon purchase advice

TNP1978

I’m about to pull the trigger on a nice LJ rubicon. Has been inspected by a mechanic I trust. Approximately 90k miles, Super clean, bone stock, clean title and not a spec of rust anywhere. I’m in NC. Asking price is $21,000. This is well above KBB but with Covid and the used car market so hot I don’t know if this is a fair price. Thoughts?

Reactions: Tomcat
That's really high, but it's your money. If you like it then it's worth it. I paid $9500 for my Rubicon when it was stock and that's a steal around here. LJ Rubicons sell for slightly more and I'm not far from you. $15,000 would be average price.

p.s. If it's an 05-06' plan on @Wranglerfix for the computer problems.
RR5 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Starrs
21k is nuts for that many miles. Miles may not mean anything to most, but when your throwing down 21 grand that number needs to be way lower. That’s halfway to a brand new JLR.

Reactions: Irun
21k is nuts for that many miles. Miles may not mean anything to most, but when your throwing down 21 grand that number needs to be way lower. That’s halfway to a brand new JLR.
I would take a LJ Rubicon over a JLR any day. $21k seems a bit high but getting a Jeep that hasn’t been abused is a plus. I wouldn’t go for an automatic transmission though. I would pass on this even at $15k. In fact, I already passed on one because of the auto trans. Good luck, brother!