LJ with 5,962 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dastrupauto.com/details/used-2006-jeep-wrangler/94935221

Saw this pop up at a local dealership. Price is a bit insane...

May be the lowest mileage LJR. I do know a guy who 5 years ago had a Solar Yellow LJR with only 3500 miles. He rarely drove it. Had a climate controlled room with about 20 different Jeeps from all eras. My faves were the TJR and LJR. 2500 and 3500 miles respectively. I told him if he ever decided to sell I wanted first dibs.

Reactions: reddvltj
If you take inflation into account, a 2006 LJ, new in 2023 would cost around $40,000.

May be the lowest mileage LJR. I do know a guy who 5 years ago had a Solar Yellow LJR with only 3500 miles. He rarely drove it. Had a climate controlled room with about 20 different Jeeps from all eras

That's exactly the life of an ultra-low mileage "classic" vehicle, yes our TJs are that old now, and the reason I don't want another vehicle that you worry about rolling the miles on. Every mile racked-up hits the premium resale value hard. I've seen ultra-low mileage cars rolled around on dollies in part for that very reason. Owning a vehicle like that is all work and no play. They belong in show rooms or museums. I'd much rather have a well cared for vehicle with average or even high mileage that can be driven and played with.

That's exactly the life of an ultra-low mileage "classic" vehicle, yes our TJs are that old now, and the reason I don't want another vehicle that you worry about rolling the miles on. Every mile racked-up hits the premium resale value hard. I've seen ultra-low mileage cars rolled around on dollies in part for that very reason. Owning a vehicle like that is all work and no play. They belong in show rooms or museums. I'd much rather have a well cared for vehicle with average or even high mileage that can be driven and played with.

100% agree.

I have several friends with classic cars and trucks.

While I can admire and appreciate them, I have exactly Zero desire to own one.

That LJ is already sold.

I guess when yo have a vehicle like that you can ask whatever you want and wait for the right buyer.

It's not like they can go to a different dealer and get a better deal.

Reactions: BlueC
Status
Not open for further replies.