LLC research

RHanna

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Kind of a weird question but has anyone had experience in researching LLCs? There is a company that I'd like to know more about that is pretty new and I'd like to figure out the owners. I don't want to contact them directly. Delaware domestic state.

Frequently LLCs are set up to disguise the true owners. You could do an entity/business search through Delaware to look up the mailing address, registered agent, etc. If they're trying to disguise then none of that info will actually point to them. You could try googling the LLC name in quotes to see if it pulls up any lawsuits or other info that may tie it to a true owner.

Frequently LLCs are set up to disguise the true owners. You could do an entity/business search through Delaware to look up the mailing address, registered agent, etc. If they're trying to disguise then none of that info will actually point to them. You could try googling the LLC name in quotes to see if it pulls up any lawsuits or other info that may tie it to a true owner.

It's annoying, If you google the company name it's from a company that was around 100 years ago and was sold in 1929, this LLC was started last year so I'm pretty sure they are not related.

It's annoying, If you google the company name it's from a company that was around 100 years ago and was sold in 1929, this LLC was started last year so I'm pretty sure they are not related.

You tried Manta or looking through the business entity search through the Secretary of State website?